Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Princeton Schedule is Up        (Topic#13838)
Dial Lodge 
Sophomore

Reg: 03-08-07
10-03-12 05:03 PM - Post#133070    

Princeton's schedule is listed on the team web site now.

Non league games are: Buffalo, Northeastern, Rutgers, Syracuse, Lafayette, Wagner, Kent State, Drexel, Fordham, Rider, Bucknell, Akron, Elon, plus the College of NJ as our Division 3 game.

This looks like the lightest non-league schedule we've played in many years, with only Syracuse and Rutgers coming from power conferences. Perhaps someone with more knowledge than me can shed some light on which of the Mid-Majors on this list appear to be formidable.

Is it possible that there are games that are as yet unscheduled?

gokinsmen 
Postdoc

Reg: 02-06-10
Princeton Schedule is Up
10-03-12 09:06 PM - Post#133075    
    In response to Dial Lodge

There's only one "marquee" game (Syracuse), but almost every other D-I game looks to be against a decent, solid or very good opponent. This may have something to do with RPI tactics:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/luke...

The absence of an early season tournament should be a good thing, too. The Gazelle-organized tourneys were really deflating (too many games too soon?), and I'd rather not see Bray's knee take three-games-in-three-days .

mrjames 
Professor

Loc: Montclair, NJ
Reg: 11-21-04
Re: Princeton Schedule is Up
10-03-12 09:22 PM - Post#133077    
    In response to gokinsmen

Yeah - Princeton can't do an MTE until the 2014-15 season now.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.015 seconds.   Total Queries: 8   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 05:20 AM