Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Scrimmage        (Topic#19390)
JBears 
Senior

Reg: 06-06-12
10-22-16 07:55 PM - Post#211866    

Speith looks ready for good Sr year. More athletic. Confident. Looked more like a natural shooter. Took the ball strong to the hoop and had one real nice reverse lay-up with his left hand. Triplett is a strong player. More mature and his shot was falling. Even from deep. Blackmon was on the bench when I got there with 30 minutes left. He had ice on his knee, although he walked on the court when scrimmage concluded. Hopefully nothing serious.

Erebor is strong young athletic man. Nice soft touch from the foul line. Always key as he will spends lot of time there. Left his Man and spun around and swatted a layup by Josh Howard. He also stole the ball halfway on the D side of mid-court and proceeded to take two long strides with his dribble and employed a two-handed jam. Not Brown-like at all.

Okolie is smooth, fluid, and shoots well. Knows how to score. Travis Fuller seems a little stronger and played with more confidence. Sully is much stronger and played with a lot of energy. Hobbie was hitting the front rim and was not able to go up strong against pressure defense. I did'nt see much of Wilkerson but has good adds good size and strength to front court. Daugherty didn't shoot real well but did hit one deep three and took the ball to the hoop a few times, with one being a real nice left handed layup.

The Brown team with Speith, Erebor, Triplett, Daugherty, Wilkinson, Sullivan, and Blackmon before he got hurt, handily beat the White with Fuller, Hobbie, Okolie, Howard, Anderson, and Haber, and Chernov(sp?). More athleticism and speed with this new group. We'll see how they progress. First game against Cicinnatti three weeks from this past Friday.

Ever True 
Junior

Reg: 02-02-15
10-22-16 09:56 PM - Post#211872    
    In response to JBears

Was there for the full scrimmage. Decent turn out composed mostly of team parents and a couple prospective recruits I saw walking around campus with Coach Linehan earlier in the day. I agree with JBears, biggest take away for me is that Speith was a problem for the other team today - mid-range jumpers, some nice layups, good passing and vocal leadership. Blackmon picked up a knock maybe midway through the first half and sat the rest of the game as a precaution, I think/hope. Triplett had the green light from the tip - Daugherty's dad was sitting a couple rows in front of me and made a couple comments about that. Wilkerson played well in the first half. It was clear the other team didn't have a body to put on him. He took it to Fuller a couple times with a high success rate despite the height difference. Still think Fuller will struggle to impose himself this season against big men, but that's based off seeing 15~ minutes of play. I think Howard had some nice moments as well, couple rebounds and tough finishes. I think he'll be a real contributor as he develops. Anderson was up and down in the game for me - sometimes he looked out of it, and sometimes he was a real offensive threat, with a couple nice step back jumpers.

I don't know how many games this team will win, but I think they'll be a tough out most nights and they could be a lot of fun to watch as they develop and come together as a unit, both this year, and moving forward.

Old Bear 
Postdoc

Reg: 11-23-04
Scrimmage
10-23-16 08:53 PM - Post#211901    
    In response to Ever True

I loved the ball movement and the play of some of the new Bigs. Erebor will be great at some point, perhaps even this year, and Wilkinson has some game. Triplett played great D on Okolie, no small feat. He and Dougherty, and Sullivan as well, could make this a fun season. I think these Boards have underestimated the Bears. If we can rebound on D in the league, we will not be in the cellar.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.011 seconds.   Total Queries: 8   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 06:25 PM