Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Ira Bowman to Johns Hopkins?        (Topic#20163)
rbg 
Postdoc

Reg: 10-20-14
03-18-17 06:36 PM - Post#227576    

Bill Nelson, who has coached Johns Hopkins for 31 years, just retired. JHU's Athletic Director is Alanna Shanahan, who started there this past summer.

Prior to her work at JHU, Shanahan was the Deputy Director of Athletics and Senior Women's Administrator at Penn. She was the Executive Director of the Penn Relays, as well as a 1996 Penn graduate and captain of the Lacrosse team.

According to a 3/17/17 report at Hoop Dirt, Penn Assistant Coach (1996 graduate and 1995-96 Ivy League POY) is being considered for the open head coaching position.

https://hoopdirt.com/st-patricks-day-daily -dirt-31...

Penndemonium 
PhD Student

Reg: 11-29-04
03-18-17 11:28 PM - Post#227658    
    In response to rbg

I hope we can keep him around. While I have no idea about his coaching skills, he was a great Penn player.

I don't know if it's possible for an Ivy POY to be underestimated, but I can't think of another player in the league who filled in as many parts of the stat sheet as Bowman. In his junior year, I actually felt like he was on par or better than Allen and Maloney - but he played his sixth man role beautifully.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.015 seconds.   Total Queries: 8   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 07:50 AM