Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Game #2 - vs Binghamton        (Topic#20667)
rbg 
Postdoc

Reg: 10-20-14
11-13-17 09:53 AM - Post#236084    

Tonight is the Big Red's home opener against local rival, Binghamton (1-0). The game will be on the ILN at 7:00 pm.

http://www.cornellbigred.com/documents/2017/11/12/ ...

Projected Lineup:
Bathurst (PG), Morgan (SG), Julian (F/G), Boeheim (F) and Warren (F)

JadwinGeorge 
Senior

Reg: 12-04-15
11-14-17 11:07 AM - Post#236261    
    In response to rbg

Nice win for Big Red over a team that defeated Brian Earl in his debut last year. Playing with a lot of discipline and energy. Crisp passing and much better shot selection. Morgan made sure to get everyone into the flow. That said, a 20 point lead was down to just 4 with lots of time left. No panic as the Big Red spurted back in front by 16 and cruised. Young Boeheim looked pretty good but foul trouble and the Binghamton comeback kept him on the bench most of second half. Coach Boeheim was in attendance and spoke to me on the way in to the arena in his customary style. He said, "Get out of my way."

rbg 
Postdoc

Reg: 10-20-14
11-14-17 01:13 PM - Post#236275    
    In response to JadwinGeorge

Great Jim Boeheim anecdote, JG.

I don't know if it was the best win of the Brian Earl era, but it certainly seemed to be the most entertaining.

http://www.cornellbigred.com/documents/2017/11/13/ ...

The team showed definite growth last evening, especially from the three point (10-21!) and foul lines (30-34!). They should not have allowed Binghamton to get back into it after taking the 20 point lead, but you are right in the fact that they did not let it rattle them and they quickly recovered.

Gettings is becoming stronger and appears ready to start in the near future. I thought McBride did a good job in his 25 minutes of play. Bathurst and Whiteside (injured) are decent players, but neither is a point guard. McBride looks like the future at that position.

A future starting five of McBridge, Morgan, Julian, Warren and Gettings looks pretty good for Cornell. Having guys like Gordon, Bathurst and Whiteside coming off the bench for the guards and Boeheim in the front court will give them a little more depth than they had in the last few seasons.

Hopefully, they can play another good game and avenge last season's loss to Colgate.

mountainred 
Masters Student

Loc: Charleston, WV
Reg: 04-11-10
11-16-17 10:20 AM - Post#236556    
    In response to rbg

The stat that impresses me is that Cornell has an assist on 72.5% of their FGs. Small sample obviously, but that is encouraging.

I like your proposed starting 5, rbq.

I think the Big Red can score on Colgate, but can Cornell contain the Raiders two forwards? Bruce scored way too easily Monday night.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.013 seconds.   Total Queries: 8   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 06:00 AM