Untitled Document
American Army Bucknell Colgate Holy Cross Lafayette Lehigh Navy

Username Post: Tom Izzo is he on drugs?        (Topic#21383)
Paulie777 
PhD Student

Reg: 11-11-07
03-16-18 11:19 PM - Post#253560    

This isn't to question the Michigan State Nassar allegations but I do love the NCAA march madness tournament and am genuinely concerned about Tom Izzo. Is he on drugs? His comments after the Bucknell Michigan State game seem slightly out of character for him and I am wondering if he has a drug problem or perhaps he is going through some withdrawel issues that his loved ones need to be alerted to. This guy is a basketball genuis and has won pretty much everything on the college level at least and probably would do the same at the NBA level. He's played and coached at Michigan State and has won a lot but why is he so out of character this year? Michigan State is winning at basketball but how is Izzo himself doing? I am going to research this guy Izzo and see whats up with him the coach and person. I'm going to go all the way with this and pay particular attention to a drug component perhaps painkillers in his past that may be affecting him today. Izzo seemed very sad and out of character for a coach of his caliber.

Bison89 
Professor
Bison89
Loc: Philadelphia
Reg: 11-14-07
03-17-18 08:59 AM - Post#253581    
    In response to Paulie777

Paulie, I have no idea of what Tom Izzo does or does not do, but like you, I found his comments to be interesting and somewhat surprising. He talked about how physical the game was and seemed to hint that Bucknell was at fault. From my perspective, MSU's bigs mauled Faulland every time he touched the ball. Just look at the number of free throws taken for an indication of who the aggressors were.

That beijng said, I enjoyed how the game was played. It was INTENSE.

Way to rep, Bison!
New season, new team, new dream . . .

SpartyJon 
Freshman

Reg: 03-11-18
Re: Tom Izzo is he on drugs?
03-17-18 06:07 PM - Post#253644    
    In response to Paulie777

• Paulie777 Said:
This isn't to question the Michigan State Nassar allegations but I do love the NCAA march madness tournament and am genuinely concerned about Tom Izzo. Is he on drugs? His comments after the Bucknell Michigan State game seem slightly out of character for him and I am wondering if he has a drug problem or perhaps he is going through some withdrawel issues that his loved ones need to be alerted to. This guy is a basketball genuis and has won pretty much everything on the college level at least and probably would do the same at the NBA level. He's played and coached at Michigan State and has won a lot but why is he so out of character this year? Michigan State is winning at basketball but how is Izzo himself doing? I am going to research this guy Izzo and see whats up with him the coach and person. I'm going to go all the way with this and pay particular attention to a drug component perhaps painkillers in his past that may be affecting him today. Izzo seemed very sad and out of character for a coach of his caliber.

First off, kudos to your school for the great challenge your Bison gave us. Secondly, your argument sounds like sour grapes. Izzo has had to deal with a ton of crap with his program being dragged through the mud through the fault of others at his school. That can lead to a person being less than a ray of sunshine.

The officiating was horrible, and I'm not sure if either team benefited from it. Sometimes phantom fouls were called, sometimes calls were missed. It happens.

Also, it's spelled, "withdrawal". It means to suffer from coming off a drug. If Izzo was on narcotics there would be no withdrawal. If you want tod ig into Izzo's life and find nothing, go for it.
But seriously, you're just embarrassing yourself.

Edited by SpartyJon on 03-17-18 06:12 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

jkrun80 
Postdoc

Reg: 05-07-12
03-17-18 06:39 PM - Post#253646    
    In response to SpartyJon

• SpartyJon Said:

First off, kudos to your school for the great challenge your Bison gave us. Secondly, your argument sounds like sour grapes. Izzo has had to deal with a ton of crap with his program being dragged through the mud through the fault of others at his school. That can lead to a person being less than a ray of sunshine.

The officiating was horrible, and I'm not sure if either team benefited from it. Sometimes phantom fouls were called, sometimes calls were missed. It happens.

Also, it's spelled, "withdrawal". It means to suffer from coming off a drug. If Izzo was on narcotics there would be no withdrawal. If you want tod ig into Izzo's life and find nothing, go for it.
But seriously, you're just embarrassing yourself.

Don't take anything Paulie says too seriously. Thanks for visiting our board and sharing your insights. The officiating undoubtedly affected the flow of the game and made matters worse due to the inconsistency. The two technicals were total BS.

Paulie777 
PhD Student

Reg: 11-11-07
Tom Izzo is he on drugs?
03-17-18 11:07 PM - Post#253657    
    In response to jkrun80

OK, this was a little sour grapes and some alcohol also and I regret starting this topic. However, Its rare to see Tom Izzo gracious he always seems to be grumbling. I understand he has a big job giving Michigan State a good represent and he does it well and perhaps he has to have a little chip on his shoulder with teams like Michigan and Indiana nearby. Maybe he doesn't have the luxury of graciousness others have. And you did beat us so congratulations you have a good team. But it made me mad when Izzo attributed Zach Thomas's 20 first half points to some lucky banks. Izzo might think State gets no respect and feels they should be a one or two seed and lets everyone know- he stands up for his alma mater. But us fans outside the Michigan Indiana region already know Michigan State is a great school in both athletics and academics. I guess I'm mad at the Nassar guy and it came out on Izzo and this game. Great game Michigan State you won. I'll leave it at that.

Edited by Paulie777 on 03-17-18 11:08 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

HoleinOne 
Masters Student

Loc: Bluffton, SC
Reg: 02-15-09
03-18-18 01:15 PM - Post#253699    
    In response to SpartyJon

Nice post by the State supporter. I met Izzo several times when he was Judd Heathcoat's Assistant many years ago and the last few years he appears to be different.

I have to agree that the refs were just bad and it went both ways. I saw several fouls that shouldn't have been called (or should have) on both teams. You never know if different refs would have changed the outcome - that's why its unfortunate to see refs where the moment seems too big for them.

HuskyColonial 
PhD Student

Reg: 02-17-12
Tom Izzo is he on drugs?
03-18-18 04:18 PM - Post#253708    
    In response to HoleinOne

Michigan State is a fine national research institution. If you look at the school, they’ve made a huge contribution to our Nation through their graduates, research, and patents issued.

I also suspect maybe one or two one of their players would be admitted there for academics. Let’s keep it real when praising institutions for the integrity of their cash cow programs.

Edited by HuskyColonial on 03-18-18 04:19 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Bison137 
Professor
Bison137
Reg: 01-23-06
03-18-18 05:41 PM - Post#253719    
    In response to Paulie777

• Paulie777 Said:
I guess I'm mad at the Nassar guy and it came out on Izzo and this game.

When the MSU investigation is finally concluded, you may have ample reason to be mad at Izzo (and their football coach) as well. Hopefully they will have a real investigation conducted by some skilled investigators.

Dantonio and Izzo refuse to accept any blame

Izzo digs in deper over sexual assault questions

ESPN report pulls Izzo's prgram into Michigan State scandal

Doktore K 
Masters Student

Reg: 11-11-09
03-18-18 06:02 PM - Post#253721    
    In response to Bison137

Well, after watching MSU miss its last 13 or 14 shots and lose to the Orange today, BU and MSU fans can all agree on one big question for Izzo: Why wasn't Miles Bridges in the middle of the 'Cuse zone and calling for the ball in the lane?

He is super skilled, 6-10, and playing 25 feet away from the basket??

MSU did not deserve to win that game and Izzo, who has proven himself a great coach over many years, had no answer for the Orange zone. Also, Syracuse was in big foul trouble with its big guys.

So shoot 22 and 25 foot shots over and over?

bison63 
Postdoc

Reg: 01-23-06
03-18-18 08:10 PM - Post#253737    
    In response to Doktore K

Obviously we softened MSU up for the Orange. They were in fact content to keep shooting from the outside, and they did not do it well.

HoleinOne 
Masters Student

Loc: Bluffton, SC
Reg: 02-15-09
03-18-18 08:35 PM - Post#253739    
    In response to Bison137

While I would be surprised if Izzo has to take blame for any of the Mich State issues, he has looked exhausted the past 1-2 weeks. Usually this is Izzos "happy time" - in past he has commented how much he enjoys coaching. Not the case this year.

vic42 
Freshman

Reg: 10-20-08
03-19-18 12:03 PM - Post#253801    
    In response to bison63

I disagree that we softened up MSU. Unfortunately, their loss diminishes our effort.

Due to the shadiness of Izzo & the MSU athletic department, I am glad from a moral perspective that they lost. However, as a Bucknell supporter, I preferred that they would have won, and continued to win.

OTOH I am not pleased that SYR is still alive. Before & after the game in the Muscala era, Boeheim dissed us in both his pre & post game comments. That is in addition to his perpetual whiney bearing and the Barney Fine episode, among others.

There is no good option here, but, an MSU win would have looked better for us.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.133 seconds.   Total Queries: 8   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 02:07 PM