Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Cam Smith        (Topic#21796)
GoBigGreenBasketball 
Masters Student

Reg: 05-19-16
08-22-18 02:56 AM - Post#260592    

I was informed that Cam Smith will be playing basketball next year in Ireland! That great to hear. I thought he was a better player than his minutes would lead anyone to believe.

It’s nice to see guys play beyond Dartmouth. Cam joins Miles playing at the next level. AWESOME!!!
"...no excuses - only results!”

EasyGreen1 
Freshman

Reg: 12-08-16
Re: Cam Smith
09-01-18 10:20 AM - Post#260864    
    In response to GoBigGreenBasketball

https://www.eurobasket.com/Ireland/news/546212/U CD...

GoBigGreenBasketball 
Masters Student

09-02-18 11:42 AM - Post#260883    
    In response to EasyGreen1

That's Whats Up

GoBigGreenBasketball 
Masters Student

09-03-18 02:08 PM - Post#260912    

I always felt that Cam should have had more minutes, MUCH MORE. I came across this on the internet and it just proves my point.

Pro-Cam

We can't change the past, unfortunately. But I'm so happy for Cam. He is playing and playing well. We can't miss on the talent we have at Dartmouth. It is a fact that we have had Pros on our team. I am 100% convinced there are more currently on the team.

Go Green!!!

rbg 
Postdoc

Reg: 10-20-14
09-13-18 08:19 AM - Post#261186    

http://ballineurope.com/ireland-basketball-se ason-...

- Learning was how Cameron Smith ended up joining reigning men’s champions UCD Marian. The Dublin side, which ended a 40 year drought with a 1 point win in a playoff with Killester after finishing on the same record as their city rivals, has brought Smith in from Dartmouth College in the Ivy League.

Despite playing for UCD in the Superleague, he’s studying at the college’s arch-rivals Trinity. Having got his undergraduate degree in film and media studies from Dartmouth, he’s doing a masters in film in Ireland.

“My coach, Jabari Trotter, came to Ireland and played. He was at Dublin Business School, he suggested the path of coming here to go to school and play. Once I got accepted into Trinity it was like bang-bang. I came here, worked out for UCD, loved the team, and it worked out,” says Smith.

“Things are a bit different here. Trying to get the food you like…it’s all new. People talk a little different, so I’m just trying to understand people’s accents but I think I’ve got a handle on it,”

“Once the ball stops bouncing, I want to be a director but I’m looking at whatever is the best option for me. I’d like to keep playing ball as long as I can but I know that’s not going to last forever. I like sports documentaries but, on the narrative side, I like gangster movies. My favourite movie is The Godfather. I like Goodfellas and stuff like that, kind of the crime dramas.”

While looking to make the most out of the blend of academia and hoops in Ireland, Smith knows there’s a target on your back when joining up with the reigning champions.

“I think the pressure’s on everybody else. We’re just going to go out and do our thing. We’re not there yet but through hard work and doing what other teams aren’t willing to sacrifice, I think we’ll be back.” -

GoBigGreenBasketball 
Masters Student

09-13-18 10:51 PM - Post#261247    
    In response to rbg

What a great read. Thank you for posting.

Cam's attitude towards the game and life are 100% consistent with the Dartmouth kids I've met over the years. I'm hoping he can play as long as he likes. Great young man!

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.016 seconds.   Total Queries: 8   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 05:40 AM