Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Doug Davis Update        (Topic#22271)
rbg 
Postdoc

Reg: 10-20-14
12-10-18 09:43 AM - Post#268462    

Davis has been coaching at the Berkshire School for the last two years. The former Hun School grad is now back home, coaching Princeton Day School.

http://www.towntopics.com/wordpress/2018/12/05/ wit...

- As Davis works with his new players, he will be drawing on his Princeton experience.

“I don’t think you can go through Princeton and play at Princeton and not incorporate that style of basketball of offense and defense into the way you teach the game,” said Davis, who was the head coach at the Berkshire School (Mass.) the last two years.

A big part of that approach centers on daily work ethic. “The guys have been in the gym; it is establishing that basketball culture,” said Davis.

“It was such a part of my development as a player, getting in the gym. If you are taking basketball seriously and you are trying to play at the next level, then you are in the gym working out. Most of our guys were in there; training and trying to get ready as best they can for the varsity season. It is really good.” -

SRP 
Postdoc

Reg: 02-04-06
12-10-18 04:27 PM - Post#268533    
    In response to rbg

That's really neat. I suspect that culture and selection accounts for so many players going into coaching.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.056 seconds.   Total Queries: 8   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 11:37 AM