Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Penn III        (Topic#22850)
mobrien 
Senior

Loc: New York
Reg: 04-18-17
03-11-19 05:31 PM - Post#280694    

The first two games were remarkably similar: both teams turned it over a lot (although we turned it over more), while we shot great from three (45-50%) and they shot terribly (25-28%).

Dev Goodman's defense on Bryce has been very good in both games. He gets right up on Bryce, and basically dares him to drive. Bryce only had 15 points until the final minute of regulation in the first game, and 12 points total in the second. I have a hard time seeing us win again unless Bryce gets, at a minimum, an efficient 20 points. As I said before, I'd love to see him attack the basket early on to set up his stepback threes later.

Lewis has had a very tough time with Brodeur. I think Lewis's lingering injury issues have robbed him of a lot of his lateral mobility; Brodeur has had a lot of success driving by him. I'd expect to see a lot more of Forbes, who did a great job forcing Brodeur to take tough, contested shots in the second game, this time around (particularly since Baker seems to be entirely out of the rotation at this point).

There's a very good chance this game comes down to whether the non-Aiken players can make more threes for us than the non-Brodeur players can for Penn. We have the advantage when it comes to season-long percentages, but obviously anything can happen in a single game.

HARVARDDADGRAD 
Postdoc

Loc: New Jersey
Reg: 01-21-14
Penn III
03-11-19 10:05 PM - Post#280733    
    In response to mobrien

Good points. Likely this will be a defensive struggle, especially with Bassey back and Wang out. Penn has been getting limited bench scoring

Bassey's ability to contribute to the offense would be a plus. Without him, Djuricic and Haskett stepped up big in Penn II.

As suspected, tickets for Saturday are selling out. Less than 90 left on IvyMadness and only about 60 on the secondary market.

Edited by HARVARDDADGRAD on 03-11-19 10:15 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.012 seconds.   Total Queries: 8   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 03:55 AM