Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: 5PM Friday Time Slot        (Topic#23870)
Quakers03 
Professor

Reg: 12-07-04
01-27-20 02:43 PM - Post#297584    

Can someone help me understand why we are relegated to this time slot? Were we just late to the agreement party and the MAAC and MAC get first dibs? It's pretty disgraceful that our marquee matchups are being played at 5pm on Fridays to accommodate an ESPNU audience that barely exists anyway.

palestra38 
Professor

Reg: 11-21-04
Re: 5PM Friday Time Slot
01-27-20 03:12 PM - Post#297587    
    In response to Quakers03

Thanks for reminding me of the time change. My tickets say 7:00 pm.

It sucks. They just don't care at all about the fans attending the game. Just look at their treatment of the '90s alumni players on Saturday--not even an introduction so we can get our brains jarred by that kids drumline for the 200th time (what happened to the guy with the Lindsay Nelson jacket who swirled his towel?). We had to try and pick them out by face---it took me minutes to figure that the chubby guy with the thick beard was Begley (and no Maloney, again---what will it take to make him come back?). But the paying fans are not a consideration--from the deletion of 3 home games at the same price, the game times, moving us every year to bad seats for the St Joe's game even though many seatbacks are available. They just don't care about us. And that is your answer. They assume our loyalty, and so far, they have been correct in their assumption.

Quakers03 
Professor

Reg: 12-07-04
01-27-20 03:18 PM - Post#297588    
    In response to palestra38

While I agree with all that you said, this was obviously a league thing. While I am quite sure they don't care about us fans either, it seems weird that they wouldn't have been able to flex some muscle. There is no way that the MAAC game that aired at 7pm 2 weeks ago was higher rated than Penn-Princeton would have been. Same most likely goes for Penn-Harvard vs Bowling Green-Buffalo this week and Yale-Harvard vs Manhattan-Niagara next week. It's a joke but is to be expected from a Mickey Mouse league that still won't allow for postseason football.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.012 seconds.   Total Queries: 8   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 09:15 AM