Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Penn 78 LaSalle 67: A very nice win        (Topic#139)
Streamers 
Professor
Streamers
Loc: NW Philadelphia
Reg: 11-21-04
12-04-04 08:26 PM - Post#637    

I had to see this one on TV, but from that vantage point it was better than it looks on paper. LsSalle actually played a very good game. They had lots of energy, shot very well, and Stephen (no A) Smith is a stud underneath who may have had 24 but Danley still did a pretty good job on him. Yeah, they had 18 TOs (to Penn's 10), but the Quakers had a hand in many of them (Ibby-4 steals) and Penn scored off those TOs with more efficiency than Nicolette Sheridan.

Penn won this one by getting the ball down low early and shooting well over the resulting zone. Hmmm, I think I see a pattern forming here. Begs was, well, unconscious. His 3-heave that put them up by 13, I think, with about 5 min left that just beat the shot clock really did the Explorers in.

I think LaSalle playing at this level beats any Ivy team that does not start with P handily. As someone pointed out earlier today, opponents, starting with Temple next week are foing to put the clamps on Begley, so Ibby & Oz better keep putting down those open 3's they are going to get in abundance. Oh, this just in. Zoller has another very nice City Series game. Look for more of the same on North Broad Street. See y'all there.

Phil 
Freshman
Phil
Loc: Princeton
Re: Penn 78 LaSalle 67: A very nice win
12-04-04 11:02 PM - Post#638    
    In response to Streamers

"I think LaSalle playing at this level beats any Ivy team that does not start with P handily."

That agrees with their current Sagarin rankings: PU 46, UP 101, LaSalle 224, Harvard 248, rest >250.
Based on their respective ratings Penn should have won by 11!

devil 

Reg: 11-23-04
12-05-04 12:40 AM - Post#639    
    In response to Phil

looked like a heck of a second game, Temple 53-52 over 'Nova.

Anonymous 

12-05-04 01:15 PM - Post#640    
    In response to Phil

Nice effort to subtly validate PU's Sagarin superiority over UP, Phil, but they still play the games on the floor. And, I would bet that the Tiger faithful are a lot less confident today than they were a month ago.

palestra38 
Professor

12-05-04 01:45 PM - Post#641    
    In response to

All you need to know about the reliability of Sagarin this early in the year is that going into last night's loss to Drexel, St. Joe's was ranked 25th in that index. Drexel was playing without its best player (Brooks) and yet easily handled St. Joe's....a Drexel team that had been clobbered by Penn when it had Brooks.

However, I doubt Princeton fans who post on this board are any less confident than they were. They are a very confident bunch and, frankly, I would be confident coming into this season with their returning team when looking at what Penn had returning. I am happy to ride under the radar until the teams meet at the Palestra in February.

Stripes 
Freshman
Stripes
Loc: Boston
12-06-04 02:44 AM - Post#642    
    In response to palestra38

This Princeton fan's confidence HAS waned a bit...but not due to the Quakers showing. Rather, losing three forwards (Schaen, Logan, and Owings) has left the Tigers awfully thin up front. If Logan and Owings come back strong, then so will the confidence...but I worry about their injuries.

Quaker Fan 
maximus

Reg: 11-23-04
12-06-04 12:09 PM - Post#643    
    In response to Stripes

I do like your Tiger P you use as a personnal icon - looks good - I haven't seen that before - is it new?

Stripes 
Freshman
Stripes
Loc: Boston
12-07-04 01:04 AM - Post#644    
    In response to Quaker Fan

New for me.... I just selected it as the default Princeton selection on the site. Not sure where Jake/Jon/others got it, but it looks like it is one of the new "official" logos following Princeton's recent logo consolidation effort.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.012 seconds.   Total Queries: 8   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 02:44 AM