Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Ivy League Race        (Topic#222)
JerryH 

Loc: Delray Beach, Florida
Reg: 11-22-04
12-11-04 11:34 AM - Post#1107    

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

At this point, it looks like a Princeton-Penn race. Both P's are fielding new players and are improving with each game.

Yale continues to be a mystery. With the most talented backcourt in the league, a top center and solid forwards, one would expect them to challenge for the title. However, I doubt it. It appears to me that Gamboa and Draughan have not improved from their freshman year. Columbia may be on its way up, but is a year or two away. Cornell started the year with high hopes, but has not improved.

In my opinion, the Ivy race will probably be decided on the last Tuesday of the season.

What do you guys think??

Jerry

Condor 
PhD Student

Reg: 11-21-04
Re: Ivy League Race
12-12-04 02:37 PM - Post#1108    
    In response to JerryH

Jerry,

I would agree that the Ivy's remain a P world. While Columbia's future looks bright, and Brown continues to exceed expectations, the P's still dominate the Ivy's when it comes to tradition, recruiting, and ultimately, play.

Re: Yale. Unless Jones is a poor coach, their backcourt is not the best. I would take both Venable/Greenman and Os/Jaaber over Gamboa/Draughan.

Re: the P's, a caveat. The health of Logan & Zoller will be critical to the ultimate league and post-league successes of these teams. Also, I am not certain it will come down to the last Tuesday, but at the very least I would expect it to come down to the last weekend.

Re: Harvard. Notwithstanding their poor season last year, I thought that they would really improve with Cusworth. So far, their inability to win despite Cusworth's obvious contributions has been a disappointment. Of course, as I see Harvard as the center of Ivy BB mediocrity and scholarship obstructionist, I am never too displeased to see them fail.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.011 seconds.   Total Queries: 8   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 06:12 AM