Untitled Document
American Army Bucknell Colgate Holy Cross Lafayette Lehigh Navy

Username Post: Bucknell home opener versus Wake Forest        (Topic#3229)
BUBison 

Reg: 02-28-06
07-09-06 08:34 PM - Post#21201    

Look for an article out sometime this week announcing that Bucknell's home opener will be against Wake Forest sometime middle of November...This is a 2 for 1 deal and why we aren't down there and them up here next year is beside me. Should be a great atmosphere again in Sojka.. Great scheduling Pat and way to convince Skip!!

atlantabison 
PhD Student

Loc: Atlanta, GA
Reg: 01-25-06
Re: Bucknell home opener versus Wake Forest
07-10-06 12:55 PM - Post#21202    
    In response to BUBison

It is now official and posted on the school web-site.

http://bucknellbison.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/071006aab.html
Ray Bucknell!

atlantabison 
PhD Student

Loc: Atlanta, GA
Reg: 01-25-06
07-10-06 12:56 PM - Post#21203    
    In response to atlantabison

Now if they can only sell it to ESPN!
Ray Bucknell!

GoBison 
Junior
GoBison
Reg: 01-22-06
07-10-06 04:01 PM - Post#21204    
    In response to atlantabison

Here's the Wake press release, with a great quote from Skip Prosser...

"They (Bucknell) are my second-favorite team, and they'll be my second-favorite team that night," Prosser said. "It's a unique opportunity to play against your son, but what supercedes that is that we are playing a top 25 team on the road, early in the season, with our youth. It will certainly be a great challenge, but I'm hoping that in the long run it will toughen us up and help prepare us for the difficult ACC season."

http://wakeforestsports.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/071006aaa.html

Shot Clock 
Masters Student

Loc: Arlington VA
Reg: 01-27-06
07-10-06 07:25 PM - Post#21205    
    In response to GoBison

Props to Skip.
B.A. Bucknell University, 1993

BUBison 

Reg: 02-28-06
07-10-06 08:46 PM - Post#21206    
    In response to Shot Clock

Hopefully with the preseason hype about the Bison and the father-son connection, someone picks it up.. I am sure leading up to the game, a lot will be written about the story line of Skip and Mark... Wouldn't be surprised to see a few stories on ESPN.com about it.

Shot Clock 
Masters Student

Loc: Arlington VA
Reg: 01-27-06
07-11-06 01:32 AM - Post#21207    
    In response to BUBison

It is pretty comical reading some of the posts about this matchup in the Wake Forest forum.

People there make Lewisburg sound like it is the middle of Siberia:

"....about all the 2-lane roads you will have to drive through to get there. My sister lived in the area for 2 years so I got to know those roads a bit. Not exactly a metro area as they look forward to driving 30min to the Wal-Mart as a major shopping trip."

Granted, US15 was a two-lane road when I was at Bucknell 15 years ago, but you have to love the total ignorance of the comment. More like a 3-minute drive to Wal-Mart. LOL

Then others make it sound like this matchup is a detriment to the Wake program. To be fair, some folks (the ones who are informed and realize what Bucknell the last 2 seasons) are quite complementary about Bucknell.

http://mb16.scout.com/fwakeforestfrm1.showMessageRange?topicID=75094.topic&start=1&stop=20
B.A. Bucknell University, 1993

ericatbucknell 
PhD Student
ericatbucknell
Reg: 01-22-06
07-11-06 03:36 AM - Post#21208    
    In response to Shot Clock

i was actually rather impressed with the general tone there when i checked earlier today. granted, there were some ignorant fans, but most seemed to realize the positives for both programs. a somewhat rational and educated fanbase, compared to what we had to deal with last march, was sadly becoming a foreign concept.

and oh, how much better our schedule now looks. what a great game this is going to be.
The Bracket Bustin' Bison are Back!

Okay. First round streak BACK ON!

BUPilot 
Masters Student
BUPilot
Loc: Philadelphia, PA
Reg: 02-11-06
07-11-06 04:02 AM - Post#21209    
    In response to ericatbucknell

Agreed Eric. The message board for the Wake Forest fans was actually a very nice change of pace from what we've dealt with in the past. Most of the posts were complimentary of Bucknell and realized that this will be a tough game for WF. I was actually somewhat surprised by the number of WF fans who think it quite likely that Bucknell should/will win this year because of WF's youth.

Now if we can just get signatures on the Penn State contract and get the last couple of games on our schedule wrapped up.
Will Atlas shrug? Who is John Galt?

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.535 seconds.   Total Queries: 8   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 02:11 PM