Untitled Document
American Army Bucknell Colgate Holy Cross Lafayette Lehigh Navy

Username Post: Texas Tech        (Topic#4606)
BUFan 
PhD Student
BUFan
Reg: 01-24-06
12-17-06 03:36 AM - Post#26194    

Texas Tech beat up on Arkansas today. Therefore, Knight will be going for the tie against Bucknell. ESPN has been giving tons of Knight press all day, so Saturday's game should receive TONS of national attention. I bet we will even get Dickie V!

Also, side note...I just saw on SportsCenter that when Wisconsin beat Pitt this afternoon, it was Pitt's first non-conference loss since the Bucknell game nearly two years ago.

BisonRoadWarrior 
Professor
BisonRoadWarrior
Loc: Where the Bison Roam
Reg: 08-16-06
Re: Texas Tech
12-17-06 06:29 PM - Post#26195    
    In response to BUFan

The Red Raiders are offering special "Project 880" deals to fill the house for the next few games. One of them gives upper level ticket to each of the next four games for just $8.80.

http://texastech.cstv.com/ot/mbb-project880.html

BisonRoadWarrior 
Professor
BisonRoadWarrior
12-20-06 08:58 PM - Post#26196    
    In response to BisonRoadWarrior

Get a load of this Baltimore Sun writer who's assuming Texas Tech will handle the Bison on Saturday.

"Knight is expected to pass Smith on Dec. 28, when Texas Tech gets UNLV. He can tie him Saturday (4:30 p.m., ESPN2), when the Red Raiders get Bucknell"

(The URL link isn't coming across correctly, so you'll have to cut-and-paste it...but probably not worth the trip)
http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/college/basketball/bal-sp.mcmullen20dec20,0,247541.story?coll=bal-college-mbasketball

BisonRoadWarrior 
Professor
BisonRoadWarrior
12-21-06 02:13 PM - Post#26197    

Heading out the door...Destination LUBBOCK!

Not sure how many Bison fans will be at United Spirit Arena on Saturday, but I'll be making as much noise as I can.
GO BISON!

BUPilot 
Masters Student
BUPilot
Loc: Philadelphia, PA
Reg: 02-11-06
12-21-06 02:24 PM - Post#26198    

By the way, does anyone know whether this Saturday's game on ESPN2 will also be broadcast in High Definition? Or is this strictly an 'analog' type ESPN2 broadcast?
Will Atlas shrug? Who is John Galt?

bison_fanatic 

Reg: 01-26-06
12-21-06 03:37 PM - Post#26199    
    In response to BUPilot

According to http://www.hdsportsguide.com it will indeed be broadcast in HD on ESPN2HD.

bison63 
Postdoc

Reg: 01-23-06
12-21-06 04:02 PM - Post#26200    
    In response to bison_fanatic

Unfortunately my cable company does not offer ESPN2 in HD. Nor do they offer ESPNU at all. In a word, Cablevision sucks. I guess they are too busy ruining the NY Knicks to care about their cable system.

atlantabison 
PhD Student

Loc: Atlanta, GA
Reg: 01-25-06
12-21-06 05:58 PM - Post#26201    
    In response to bison63

You will have to admit that ruining the Knicks to this level would have to be considered a full time job.

BUFan 
PhD Student
BUFan
12-21-06 11:44 PM - Post#26202    
    In response to atlantabison

Cablevision is the worst. They never give you any channels and the service always fails...Not to mention, North Jersey will not be seeing Rutgers in the Texas Bowl b\c it is on NFL Network, and Cablevision doesn't offer it in ANY package.

SteelCity 
Junior
SteelCity
Reg: 02-04-06
12-23-06 07:15 PM - Post#26203    
    In response to BUFan

I really hope Bucknell can pull out a win today. I've heard more than one analyst give this game to Texas Tech before they've even stepped on the floor.

BisonKid 
Sophomore

Reg: 01-26-06
12-23-06 11:32 PM - Post#26204    
    In response to SteelCity

All and all, not a bad performance today. The Bison held tough through the first half and pulled to within 3 points in the 2nd half before melting down. While we lost, I was impressed with Griffen and McNaughton did a nice job in the 2nd half--it shows what he can do when he's not double-teamed. Abe was sloppy both in terms of shooting and ball handling, although he played tough D. Again, Donald Brown had a good game. Very emotional and aggressive off of the boards. Castleberry had a good game as well. Our shooting touch left us in the 2nd half, while Texas Tech probably shot around 80%.

jck45 
Junior

12-24-06 12:43 AM - Post#26205    
    In response to BisonKid

Not bad but our defense was definately lacking as was much our of shot selection/patience.

Vegotsky looked incompetent on defense (not too good on offense either) and Mastro was horrible on offense.

Brown impressed me a lot today and its clear that he's become a player since last year, as has Griffin. I really wish I could say the same of Badmus, Mastro, and McN.

Bison137 
Professor
Bison137
Reg: 01-23-06
12-24-06 04:31 AM - Post#26206    
    In response to BUFan

Apparently Bobby Knight wanted to make sure that he didn't lose his reputation as a bully when he tied the record. Over the entire last five minutes, his lineup was exactly the same as his main lineup for the rest of the game - Jackson, Zeno, Dora, Prince, and Voskiul. Their top two guys, Zeno and Jackson, played 40 and 39 minutes respectively, while the other three played an average of about 33 minutes apiece. Down the stretch, it was the Tech first team against a Bison lineup of Linthicum, Evans, Tyree, Brown, and Medrano.

ericatbucknell 
PhD Student
ericatbucknell
Reg: 01-22-06
12-24-06 06:21 PM - Post#26207    
    In response to Bison137

the only real problem i had with our play today was our offensive performance in the five or so minutes just after we missed the consecutive open threes early in the second half. the guys really seemed to press offensively... and everyone looked as if he was trying to do a bit too much. lots of bad looks and otherwise forced shots.

but all in all, i agree with the general sentiment that we played pretty well--not great--but pretty well. given the way tech was shooting it would have taken our 'a-' game to win... and we probably earned a solid 'b.'

my only real concern on defense is that we are not built to contain big, athletic guards. our zone gives us a chance, but griffin is obviously undersized at the 2 and vegotsky is neither big nor athletic enough to keep with most 'high major' 3s. shouldnt hurt us too much in pl play, but should we get another chance come march this could be the difference.
The Bracket Bustin' Bison are Back!

Okay. First round streak BACK ON!

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.014 seconds.   Total Queries: 8   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 08:19 PM