Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Video highlights of Brown basketball online        (Topic#5418)
joehayes 

Reg: 02-28-07
02-28-07 01:56 AM - Post#31698    

This is from an online network called "The Palestra" which has student reporters at a bunch of schools. They've actually had pretty good coverage all year, even dating back to football season. I'm kind of bummed that someone just sent me the link. It's a lot more than you can get if you're not around Providence anymore, and it's kind of cool to see some of old spots around campus again.

Here's a direct link to the Brown page: http://www.thepalestra.com/schoolsite.php?sid=1029

Old Bear 
Postdoc

Reg: 11-23-04
Re: Video highlights of Brown basketball online
02-28-07 05:58 PM - Post#31699    
    In response to joehayes

Wow, I just now reviewed this video. I certainly looks like Naeve's "stomping" on McAndrew was intentional, whether, in fact, it was or not. At the time, I thought the Ref's origional call was a foul on the play and a double technical on Becker and Naeve. However, it seems that was reversed and a single technical was given to Becker for pushing Naeve off of McAndrew. In retrospect it looks like a pretty bad call that cost Brown some momentum.

IvyAlumni 
Freshman

Reg: 11-29-05
Re: Video highlights of Brown basketball online
03-02-07 04:40 AM - Post#31700    
    In response to Old Bear

The key shift in momentum was in the second half with brown storming back, down by 4 or 6, and huffman got a quick pass on a baseline drive to the rim that was called an offensive charge. If that was a block, as the entire crowd who erupted in boos agreed, the outcome may have been a little different. As it was, the ball went the other way and Cornell never looked back.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.015 seconds.   Total Queries: 8   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 11:33 AM