Untitled Document
American Army Bucknell Colgate Holy Cross Lafayette Lehigh Navy

Username Post: NIT (Important Last Game Notes) Adjustments need to happen!!!!        (Topic#13366)
RIghtatya 
Pre-Frosh

Reg: 03-14-12
03-14-12 06:32 PM - Post#126029    

1. Why is Bryan Cohen on the floor in the last 26 seconds of the game
Not for his scoring and definitely not for rebounding.

2. Why did Johnson not touch the ball in the last 26 seconds
He and Muscala had magic pick and roles all season???

3. It's quite obvious Johnson coming off the bench has not worked
The players starting ahead of him are a joke

4.why wouldn't you ride out the line up of muscala, Willman, Ayers, Johnson, and Fitzpatrick for the last 13 minutes

5. Kaspar was on the floor from the 13 minute mark to the 8 minute mark
He shoots 26% FT and had how many turnovers
What a joke

6. Muscala first option last play of the game and automatically Johnson 2nd option
But Ayers after the first option didn't work Looked off Muscala on the switch drove Baseline to attempt a circus shot
That kind of selfishness was evident all season

Edited by RIghtatya on 03-14-12 06:50 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Bison137 
Professor
Bison137
Reg: 01-23-06
03-14-12 06:42 PM - Post#126031    
    In response to RIghtatya

Too many problems with the above to even try to comment on all of them. However, it's hard to take anything seriously when a proposed lineup has Muscala, Willman, and Fitzpatrick all on the floor at the same time.

Also, Kaspar was singled out by a number of coaches/players for having played well in that game. He plays good defense and is often one of the few players who tries to create anything. Yes, he go a little excited at one point and had a few too many turnovers - but he also led the team in assists and drew a number of fouls. He also was 1-2 on threes and an OK 3-5 from the line.

bisonmania 
Masters Student

Reg: 10-26-07
03-14-12 07:35 PM - Post#126037    
    In response to Bison137

Lets remember our last point guard struggled alot as a freshman and he ended up pretty damn good!I feel Kaspar has that same chance.I believe he hit the freshman wall.he tried to do to much while trying to adjust to the college game.I think this kid has a big upside and if he does some off season work he will look much much better next season.I do however feel you must have your best five on the floor to close games as DP did early in the season and that meant this season CA at the point.If we have anything to complain about is the fact of not using a zone "D". I really hope DP makes some changes or this team will not beat any big time schools.

Bison54 
PhD Student
Bison54
Reg: 11-18-09
Re: NIT (Important Last Game Notes) Adjustments need to happen!!!!
03-14-12 07:38 PM - Post#126038    
    In response to RIghtatya

• RIghtatya Said:
1. Why is Bryan Cohen on the floor in the last 26 seconds of the game
Not for his scoring and definitely not for rebounding. Cohen is a solid rebounder

2. Why did Johnson not touch the ball in the last 26 seconds Because he was doubled. Lehigh knew he had to be covered on the 3He and Muscala had magic pick and roles all season???

3. It's quite obvious Johnson coming off the bench has not worked
The players starting ahead of him are a joke In the Lehigh game, Kaspar was credible and hit 3-5 FTs.

4.why wouldn't you ride out the line up of muscala, Willman, Ayers, Johnson, and Fitzpatrick for the last 13 minutes And CJ would do what?

5. Kaspar was on the floor from the 13 minute mark to the 8 minute mark
He shoots 26% FT and had how many turnovers
What a joke See above. His performance was not a joke. He's a Freshman, remember.
6. Muscala first option last play of the game and automatically Johnson 2nd option
But Ayers after the first option didn't work Looked off Muscala on the switch drove Baseline to attempt a circus shot
That kind of selfishness was evident all season[Cam was also a solid performer all year. He is effective on the wing except he passes up too many open shots. When he saw a path and took it, he's a hero if he scores or is fouled. Unfortunately he lost the handle and is was not clear if he was going to throw it out (a good play) or go up (not quite as good, but acceptable). A bad result is not selfishness./quote]
Comments and responses imbedded above in italics.

Bison54 
PhD Student
Bison54
Reg: 11-18-09
03-14-12 07:43 PM - Post#126039    
    In response to bisonmania

• bisonmania Said:
Lets remember our last point guard struggled alot as a freshman and he ended up pretty damn good!I feel Kaspar has that same chance.I believe he hit the freshman wall.he tried to do to much while trying to adjust to the college game.I think this kid has a big upside and if he does some off season work he will look much much better next season.I do however feel you must have your best five on the floor to close games as DP did early in the season and that meant this season CA at the point.If we have anything to complain about is the fact of not using a zone "D". I really hope DP makes some changes or this team will not beat any big time schools.

Agree. Different looks on O and D would help. Cam's play at the point took away from his abilities and a rotation that put Hill and Kasper in for about 22-28 minutes per game let Cam maximize his skills.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.014 seconds.   Total Queries: 8   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 04:29 AM