Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Cornell        (Topic#19867)
Old Bear 
Postdoc

Reg: 11-23-04
02-03-17 09:50 PM - Post#220342    

I know Mike James is down on Brown's D, but I think Brown won this game at the defensive end. Great team effort.

JBears 
Senior

Reg: 06-06-12
02-03-17 09:58 PM - Post#220348    
    In response to Old Bear

Defense has been improving game-by-game. The Bears are working very hard at it. Four steals for Anderson, which lead to instant offense on two or three where it took it the length of the court. Great balance on offense. Howard big game in only 19 minutes with 10 and 11. Tavon had a complete game tonight, shooting and creating. Speith didn't to lead the way. Watch for a big game from him in NYC tomorrow night.

jst4245 
Freshman

Reg: 05-23-12
Cornell
02-04-17 12:05 PM - Post#220377    
    In response to JBears

One of the real defensive strengths of this Bears team has been its ability to double the post and make the right rotations against multiple passes. It fun to watch 5 guys really engaged when that goes on. Staff has done an excellent job covering up for a major weakness - size.

Obi has really impressed the past couple of weeks with his on the ball defense. Speith, who has never been fleet of foot, has been really solid against opposing teams "4" men, and has provided excellent help side defense. Someone who knows more about hoops than me, is going to have to explain the Daugherty minutes. He is so bad defensively - gets roasted off the bounce (without fail), get lost on backdoor cuts, and commits stupid fouls. If he were a monster offensively I'd get it, but he is leaving just as much to be desired on that end. I would love to eat a full plate of crow and see him go for 18 but I am just not seeing it. If you go Sullivan you know you're getting a very good defender and if you go Hobbie you get the same defensive result but actually get the 18 every once and a while with a extend defense to work against. I would expect a heavy dose of Hobbie tonight though as columbia sits in a 2-3, which Corey Johnson from Harvard punched holes in last weekend.

I am anticipating a good game tonight - thinking about making the drive down 87. I expect Spieth to sit in the middle of the 2-3 zone and pick them apart with his passing.

Edited by jst4245 on 02-04-17 12:20 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.012 seconds.   Total Queries: 8   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 02:48 PM