Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Women's Report: You're the Pretender        (Topic#19906)
dperry 
Postdoc
dperry
Loc: Houston, TX
Reg: 11-24-04
02-09-17 11:58 PM - Post#221183    

Well, the big clash between the Penn women and Harvard was a tight one all the up to the end of the national anthem , as our heroines were over the Crimson offense like white on rice from the start. Harvard shot one for their first 12, 15% in the first half, and only 26% for the game overall. Stipanovich did an excellent job on Harvard's phenom frosh center Jeannie Boehm, holding her to 1-9 and four points on the evening overall, while Nwokedi had 14 points and nine boards and Ross ruled the lane in the second half, picking up 16. They then went out and put their biggest beating on Dartmouth ever, holding the Green to 38 points and winning by 30. Dartmouth shot only 23%; Stip had 15 this time, Nwokedi 9 points and 11 rebounds, Ross 12 points, and Ashley Russell had a career game with 11 points and six rebounds. Things got so good that they were able to clear the bench for pretty much the entire fourth quarter and give the starters a well-deserved rest.

Well, so far the women have been the exact opposite of the men; they've looked questionable outside of the league but absolutely dominant within it. For the moment, with Princeton having beaten Harvard on Saturday and given us a better game than the Crimson did, you've got to put them back in the enemy #1 slot. I agree with 11Quakers' post elsewhere that Brown is the favorite for the final space in the SEA at the moment, although I wouldn't count Columbia and Cornell out yet, as the first half of their schedules is much harder than the second. Dartmouth and Yale seem to be pretty much done at this point. One thing that concerns me a bit is that with Whitlatch out, they seem to be falling back to the iron six a bit, as only Russell got more than 10 minutes off the bench against Harvard. I think you've got to run Agahyere and Sterba out there some more and get the other players some rest, particularly on the first nights of the back-to-backs. This week we do the New York trip; let's see if we can get over the hump from the last couple of years and beat Cornell both times this season.
David Perry
Penn '92
"Hail, Alma Mater/Thy sons cheer thee now
To thee, Pennsylvania/All rivals must bow!!!"

section110 
Masters Student

Loc: south jersey
Reg: 11-22-04
Re: Women's Report: You're the Pretender
02-10-17 02:45 PM - Post#221225    
    In response to dperry

Agreed. Agahyere has been giving us good back production. I didn't see much, if any, fall off when she gave each of the two bigs a rest, Sterba only got a few minutes, but made a real pretty move to the basket (missed the shot when a lot of our inside shots weren't falling), hustled down a loose ball and made a perfect pass to the teammate ahead of the pack (again, missed shot but we got the o-rebound & scored on the possession). She doesn't look intimidated or frosh like when she is in.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.457 seconds.   Total Queries: 8   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 05:16 AM