Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Women's Awards        (Topic#20110)
dperry 
Postdoc
dperry
Loc: Houston, TX
Reg: 11-24-04
03-09-17 08:03 PM - Post#225963    

Women’s postseason awards are here. Nwokedi takes POY, which as previously noted is not surprising whatsoever. Also not surprising: Isabella Alarie from Princeton gets ROY and our boy McLaughlin is COY. Rather surprising: Stipanovich not only gets demoted to second team (behind Alarie, among others), she fails to win her fourth DPOY, losing to Yale’s Tamara Simpson. The press release suggests that it’s because the latter had a lot of steals. Unfortunately, nobody really does efficiency stats for the women; I might have to bite the bullet and calculate defensive efficiency for those two myself, because I’d love to see what it is. By all accounts, Sydney is a pretty cheerful, placid person, but maybe she’ll get annoyed at the diss and take it out on our opponents this weekend. Ross gets second team, making up for her dissing last year with an overrate this season.
David Perry
Penn '92
"Hail, Alma Mater/Thy sons cheer thee now
To thee, Pennsylvania/All rivals must bow!!!"

whitakk 
Masters Student

Reg: 11-11-14
03-10-17 11:32 AM - Post#226059    
    In response to dperry

Don't have individual stats, but I have Penn at 0.83 points per possession allowed in Ivy play, Yale at 0.89. (Princeton is second at 0.86.) Smaller gap than I expected.

Penn's edge was actually bigger on offense -- 1.02 ppp, next-best is 0.94 (PRIN/BRWN).

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.024 seconds.   Total Queries: 8   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 04:00 AM