Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Boudreaux visits        (Topic#20762)
hoops123 
Freshman

Reg: 12-14-16
11-29-17 02:42 AM - Post#238256    

Just hit my google alert. Looks like Boudreaux will have his pick of places to play and he isn't missing Dartmouth Basketball even a little bit.....hell, even ESPN is covering him:

Jeff Goodman‏@GoodmanESPN

Purdue hosting Dartmouth two-year grad transfer Evan Boudreaux tonight for Louisville game. The 6-8 Boudreaux, who averaged 17.5 and 9.5 boards last season, told ESPN he will visit Xavier for Cincinnati game and also visit Colorado.
3:44 PM - 28 Nov 2017

7 replies 40 retweets 151 likes

I guess the big time schools/coaches that are recruiting/ offering him must have forgotten to check his ORAT/DRAT and efficiency stats with Mr. James analyses. Damn. Mr. James, try to get them a quick email before they make a tragic mistake please. It appears to me (given this short list of top teams) that all they care about is 17.5 ppg and 9.5 reb/g for two straight years. And his heart. And his toughness. And all the intangibles that can't be measured that they see in film which they have surely watched (and that Dartmouth fans saw in person for two years). That's what they care about. Could they have also forgotten to check with the First Team All-Knucklehead Ivy Head Coaches that didn't think he should be first team all Ivy for two years? Averaged a double/double in league play for the first time in forever and...second team. Guess all those arguments I made last year that fell on mostly deaf ears were true. Coaches want players that can play. And he can flat out play. Good for you Evan Boudreaux! I wish you the best and great success wherever you go. Maybe you leaving Dartmouth and the Ivy League will wake some people up and in the future we'll keep stars like Boudreaux in the Ivy League. Personally, I think he's started a trend. Good players graduate in three years, sit out a season, and have a new school that really wants them pay for a grad degree with 2 years of eligibility. Dartmouth/Coach Mclaughlin/Sheehy, how did you let him go????

SomeGuy 
Professor

Reg: 11-22-04
Re: Boudreaux visits
11-30-17 08:36 PM - Post#238622    
    In response to hoops123

If saving two years becomes a trend, that would be worrisome. Lots of guys have taken the injury year as a grad transfer. Miller, Cancer, Caruso, Koon, Blasé, Hunt, I'm sure I'm forgetting some. Mitola and Hicks are the only guys I can remember preserving the year while healthy. Though Hicks' situation might have been mutual. So that leaves Mitola and Boudreaux as the only guys in the league I can think of who did this totally of their own volition. That is probably a very bad thing for Dartmouth.

I suppose one could actually recruit to it and see if you could attract stronger players for two years, with the pitch that you get an Ivy degree and still get two years of high major college basketball. Kind of the Ivy variation of the one and done.

Is the idea of Ivies allowing grad transfers anathema? Right now, we have a one way flow of grad transfers. Why not even that out and let kids do the opposite: play 2-3 years of high major basketball, and then go be a big fish in a smaller basketball pond for a year while getting started on an Ivy grad degree.

Silver Maple 
Postdoc

Loc: Westfield, New Jersey
Reg: 11-23-04
12-01-17 06:29 PM - Post#238716    
    In response to SomeGuy

Shush. Tommy Amaker will hear you.

picknroll 
Freshman

Reg: 11-21-04
12-02-17 01:42 AM - Post#238733    
    In response to SomeGuy

Well, they did have Crawford Palmer transfer from Duke.

mbaprof 
Senior

Reg: 12-24-11
12-02-17 01:03 PM - Post#238746    
    In response to hoops123

Its pretty hard to graduate from an Ivy in three years. Dartmouth is an exception due to their academic calendar.

SomeDartmouthStudent 
Freshman

Reg: 11-30-16
12-06-17 01:51 AM - Post#239188    
    In response to mbaprof

well best of luck to him...judging by our recent loss to SH we really really miss that production. I dream about the Chris Knight, Evan Boudreaux front court that was never to be.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.014 seconds.   Total Queries: 8   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 01:36 PM