Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Postseason Awards        (Topic#21292)
jadwinjungle 
Freshman

Reg: 10-02-17
03-07-18 01:42 PM - Post#251220    

Each of the Tigers' "Big Three" received recognition for their efforts from the league yesterday. Myles Stephens and Devin Cannady each were named 2nd team all-Ivy, and Amir Bell was named the Ivy League Defensive Player of the Year.

A little bit of a surprise that Bell won the Defensive POY, but certainly much deserved, and I'm glad he was recognized for his efforts in what must have been a frustrating senior campaign for him. I imagine if he is interested he will also be selected as one of the 4 Ivy representatives at this year's 3 on 3 tournament for senior from every conference at the Final Four. While his career ended in the obvious disappointment of missing the top 4, that should not tarnish his legacy as a 1,000 point scorer who racked up 300 assists, and is in the top 5 in games played as a Tiger. He was a solid contributor for all of his 4 years, and his game winner at Jadwin against Harvard was one of last season's most memorable moments. I have no idea what his post-Princeton aspirations are, whether they be to continue playing professionally or to enter the workforce, but I wish him the best in whatever he chooses to do

SRP 
Postdoc

Reg: 02-04-06
03-07-18 01:58 PM - Post#251237    
    In response to jadwinjungle

Bell had a terrific career and was the kind of guy you need to build a program. His occasional down moments made me root for him harder, because he has such a great attitude and seemed human on the court; when he excelled, as he did so often, it felt especially good. Also, he and Will Venable were the two best Tigers ever at driving to the rim, so he leaves some great visual memories.

I hope his next steps bring him great satisfaction.

1LotteryPick1969 
Postdoc
1LotteryPick1969
Loc: Sandy, Utah
Reg: 11-21-04
03-07-18 04:40 PM - Post#251277    
    In response to SRP

I'm gonna try to say "hi" to Venable at the spring training game I attend tomorrow!

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.013 seconds.   Total Queries: 8   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 02:03 PM