Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Next Year's Starting Lineup        (Topic#21393)
jadwinjungle 
Freshman

Reg: 10-02-17
03-19-18 12:52 PM - Post#253807    

Harvard, Penn and Brown now have threads open on this, so I figured we should get looking at our options for next year.

Among rotation players, we really only lose Bell and Young. Bell will be missed for his great driving skills, defense, and his ability to make clutch plays. Young's shooting will be missed, but I thin is replacable. Brennan played sparingly but was clearly passed over by Gladson and Aririguzoh down the stretch. Rotation players returning will be Cannady, Stephens, Much, Desrosiers, Gladson, Aririguzoh, Schweiger and Morales.

Cannady and Stephens are locked in as starters (and captains?). The hype behind Llewellyn suggests he may be ready to start in the backcourt alongside Cannady right away. The other 2 spots get a little tricky. I see it as 4 guys for 2 spots between Much, Desrosiers, Gladson, and Aririguzoh. Gladson and Aririguzoh can't play together, but MH seemed to prefer playing Much with one of them so he could play the perimeter. Desrosiers was the most consistent freshman and a great shooter, so I'd like to see him get the initial nod. Aririguzoh showed good growth from freshman to sophomore year, and if he makes a similar leap into junior year (esp on offense) he will likely start, so my prediction is Llewellyn, Cannady, Desrosiers, Stephens, Aririguzoh.

Off the bench then, we'd have Much and Gladson as the first two off the bench, with Scweiger, and Morales also probably contributing. Don't know enough about the other freshmen to know if they'll be competing for rotation spots. Seems a little thin and definitely requires improvements from last year's freshmen and early contributions from at least Llewellyn.

SRP 
Postdoc

Reg: 02-04-06
03-19-18 02:46 PM - Post#253824    
    In response to jadwinjungle

If Much is healthy, he's starting. Cannady and Stephens of course. After that, it depends on whether MH wants a post guy in there or not and whether Llewelyn matches the hype. We've also seen Henderson play with four forwards and a guard in the past with Bray, so Cannady as PG surrounded by Stephens and three other forwards wouldn't shock me, although that's not how I'd want to do it.

SecS3 
Junior

Reg: 03-17-16
Re: Next Year's Starting Lineup
03-19-18 03:39 PM - Post#253828    
    In response to jadwinjungle

Gee, I was kind of hoping the starting lineup would be Ismael, Jordan, Myers, Littlefield and Alarie.

1LotteryPick1969 
Postdoc
1LotteryPick1969
Loc: Sandy, Utah
Reg: 11-21-04
03-19-18 07:21 PM - Post#253848    
    In response to SRP

Remember how Caruso came out of nowhere to start, and then went down and Stephens emerged?

My nomination for "complete unknown from out of nowhere" is Barnes.

bradley 
PhD Student

Reg: 01-15-16
03-19-18 08:37 PM - Post#253874    
    In response to 1LotteryPick1969

Barnes is absolutely a possibility but it depends. Stephens, Cannady and Llewellyn will be starters. Jaelin a PG and Cannady is a SG offensively although Devin is developing skills to get to the hoop. I believe that Mitch will modify his offense to get the ball in Llewellyn's hands a lot as he appears to have very strong ball handling and penetration skills. He will be able to set up 3 pt shooters and he should be able to score right from the start. Both Cannady and Llewellyn can leap. Cannady is a very good rebounder but not a good defender. Can Llewellyn play defense -- to be determined therefore Mitch will have to figure out who gets most of the minutes at center (Arirguzoh or Gladson or Much) and PF (Much or DesRosier or Barnes). Who can defend may decide who gets minutes.

If Llewellyn can play defense, it might change the mix as to the other two starters other than Myles, Devin and Jaelin. It also depends if Jaelin is better off offensively with the middle not being cluttered with a big or if he can pass it to a big when he attacks the rim.

I will take a stab at the starters and back ups.
PG - Jaelin backed up by Morales
SG - Cannady backed up Schweiger although Cannady plays a lot of minutes.
F - Stephens with DesRosiers and Barnes as back ups
PF -- Much with DesRosiers and Barnes as back ups
C -- Arirguzoh with Much and Gladson as back ups

I suspect that DesRosiers will be a 6th man which is a very good role for him with a shooter's mentality and Jaelin should be able to set him up.

Major talent is coming to Jadwin next year -- I think/hope. Take advantage of him. Do not play the traditional Princeton offense which Mitch has moved away from anyhow.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.011 seconds.   Total Queries: 8   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 10:54 AM