Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Barry out for the year.        (Topic#23327)
GoBigGreenBasketball 
Masters Student

Reg: 05-19-16
09-26-19 05:52 PM - Post#288029    

As a big Barry fan I'm a little despondent. All the season previews have Barry and Knight as the focus of their articles. Barry's steady hand and deadeye shooting were key to our success this coming season. Not mentioned was the change in the three point line this season, which I was secretly hoping would give us an advantage with Barry. I think Samuels will be better than serviceable as he goes from understudy to lead guard. I don't think he'll fully replace Barry's point production from deep.

We were already losing Jackson and presumably Emery further weakens what was already a questionable front court. We do have a 6' 10" freshman who's dad is D-I coach. Hopefully he'll come in ahead of the curve and healthy.

We also have a lot of length I'm the incoming freshman class maybe we'll have forwards by committee?

I'm interested to know what our starting 5 and bench rotations will be to start the year. Anybody want to take a flyer at possible starters?
"...no excuses - only results!”

Greenhorn 
Senior

Reg: 11-24-04
09-27-19 03:22 AM - Post#288037    
    In response to GoBigGreenBasketball

It pains me to say it, but my guess at the (wildly undersized) starting lineup is

Samuels
Foye
Knight
Rai
Sistare

Slajchert will be the first guy off the bench. The transfer, Ary-Turner, spells Samuels. And Ian Carter almost has to get more minutes than in past years, just out of necessity.

Don't sleep on Freshman Demilade Adelekun. I suspect he gets more run than Krystowiak.

GoBigGreenBasketball 
Masters Student

Barry out for the year.
09-27-19 12:48 PM - Post#288052    
    In response to Greenhorn

• Greenhorn Said:
It pains me to say it, but my guess at the (wildly undersized) starting lineup is

Samuels
Foye
Knight
Rai
Sistare

Slajchert will be the first guy off the bench. The transfer, Ary-Turner, spells Samuels. And Ian Carter almost has to get more minutes than in past years, just out of necessity.

Don't sleep on Freshman Demilade Adelekun. I suspect he gets more run than Krystowiak.

It's hard to see any other starting five given the experience of the guys listed. Turner I believe is more of a 2 than a 1.

I can also see Wade finally getting some PT. He's got decent length and I think athleticism and we're going to need all of it we can get.

Has anyone other than Samuels spent any time at PG? Who's spelling him? It has to be Turner then I guess. McLaughlin has a Gordian knot on his hands. He'll likely have to play more guys than he likes. Hopefully he can find a way to get Knight some rest. He looked gassed at times last year. That caused him to play with his hands and become more foul prone. We need him on the floor. The guys better be in shape they're going to need it.

Edited by GoBigGreenBasketball on 09-27-19 12:53 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Greenhorn 
Senior

Reg: 11-24-04
09-27-19 03:39 PM - Post#288054    
    In response to GoBigGreenBasketball

Ary-Turner can play PG. Ditto Junior Isaac Letoa (but he has gotten very little run thus far in his career).

GoBigGreenBasketball 
Masters Student

10-20-19 10:42 PM - Post#288823    
    In response to Greenhorn

Updating potential line ups with new data from KP, T-rank, and other preseason forecasts.

G Samuels
G Turner
G Foye
F Rai
F Knight
----------------
G Sistare
G Slajchert
F Carter
F Hudson

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.134 seconds.   Total Queries: 11   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 07:30 AM