Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Columbia II        (Topic#26017)
iogyhufi 
Masters Student

Reg: 10-10-17
02-12-22 10:14 AM - Post#336162    

Yale takes the short trip down to Morningside Heights this afternoon. The potential for a letdown game is here after those two big wins over Harvard, but if Nweke and Harding are still out, it probably doesn't matter. Yale simply needs to take care of business here.

Around the league, things get interesting as Brown tries one last time to save their season and Harvard goes to the Palestra needing a win to keep the pressure on Cornell. A combination of Brown and Harvard wins make things very interesting down the stretch in the race for the 4 seed.

james 
Masters Student

Reg: 03-18-19
02-12-22 05:40 PM - Post#336193    
    In response to iogyhufi

The offense looked v good overall. Too many turnovers but some are undoubtedly trying to push the ball. Block happy refs for both sides.
anyway not a great barometer but took it seriously after a terrible few minutes are halftime.
Yales ceiling is improving bc of the development of the young guys.
That’s encouraging as that attacks the flaws. Ej is slowly looking like the force he was for maret. Knowling is just smooth as silk.
Toughen up boys on the boards w more size tighten up the tos and keep defending.

Love shooting in that gym. High school backdrop. So do the current elis

james 
Masters Student

02-12-22 05:42 PM - Post#336195    
    In response to james

And for god sakes trap dingle on the ball screen. And live with the backside shooter

Nice player. Penn can win this thing if he plays remotely close to what he did to h and y

james 
Masters Student

02-12-22 05:55 PM - Post#336200    
    In response to james

with harvard on the ropes at least in part due to injury and despite Tommy’s overrecruiting of legit 3 stars…the team that scares me is Princeton despite the recent head to head.
Their point forward whose name I won’t try to spell is a taller knowling in a year. With llewellyn who has legit foot speed they are a decent shooting night when it counts away from a title.
Penn just has to be defended well. Dingle is a stud. If they hang in 3 balls all night with that spread offense you just have to live with it.
But the two most talented teams were harvard and now princeton. High ceiling.
But I like how yale is improving bc there is a lot of game youth in important spots.

james 
Masters Student

02-12-22 06:01 PM - Post#336203    
    In response to james

We are going to need Mahoney to bang in some important 3s. Poulakidas getting time is encouraging. We just have to take some pressure off swain and spread the floor. This creates opportunity for the old school post up and the slip or roll off the pick for knowling.
Poulakidas and knowling are tied for golf in the teach your kids what a left handed jumper should look like. I presume Poulakidas has practice range.
If knowling gets confidence there to keep them honest I agree w James . Poy

james 
Masters Student

02-12-22 06:07 PM - Post#336206    
    In response to james

Matt cotton also might have something to say. But I think the ray allen vertical on his jumper creates inconsistency. There is only one ray allen. And no offense to Matt bc ray allen put me on sports center with an and 1. He was sick athlete in his younger years

But it’s an athletic pretty jumper when it goes down
That’s a posting record for me. But I enjoyed flipping some games on a lazy Saturday afternoon. Thanks league

james 
Masters Student

02-12-22 06:17 PM - Post#336209    
    In response to james

I haven’t even had a drink. But I will say I have some sympathy for harvard when they don’t play yale. Depriving the league of Aiken towns and now ledlum when it counts is just a shame.
I probably shouldn’t bc that nbc sports headline that mason and bruner were out bf the creighton game in 2017 did make me drink.
If we could’ve paired mason a 2 knee surgery bruner (he put 20 on auburn after 3 surgeries and started at bama bf the 4th) with a baby Atkinson and a young oni
That might’ve been a fringe top 25 team. The injury gods are cruel
I wonder if we Ever see that talent again in an NIL era
Come on mt tsai. It’s not lax but I know u like hoops

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.132 seconds.   Total Queries: 8   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 09:22 AM