Select "print" from your browser's "File" menu.

Back to Post
Username Post: CHAMPIONS!!!!!!
loco09
Masters Student
Posts 526
loco09
03-05-12 10:14 PM - Post#124300    

We're dancing!!
It's Not Worth Winning if You Can't Win Big

Rick
Freshman
Posts 39
03-05-12 10:16 PM - Post#124301    

It will be a long ride home to Connecticut
So long Iona
Have a nice day Rider

WE ARE MAAC CHAMPS
JohnELinden
Pre-Frosh
Posts 5
03-05-12 10:16 PM - Post#124302    

congrats again
phillyhound
Junior
Posts 289
03-05-12 10:18 PM - Post#124305    

Unbelievable, finally!!!! and with an offensive display reminiscent of the Scott Hicks era.
loco09
Masters Student
Posts 526
loco09
03-05-12 10:20 PM - Post#124308    

I dont care if we won 20-19, it was a beautiful thing to watch. Now on to selection sunday.

JohnELinden
Pre-Frosh
Posts 5
03-05-12 10:23 PM - Post#124309    

• Rick Said:
It will be a long ride home to Connecticut
So long Iona
Have a nice day Rider

WE ARE MAAC CHAMPS

huh? so long to the teams that FF blew their load against?? credit to your D tonight FF had a much tougher road to get there but thats their own fault... good job...
WOFM
Freshman
Posts 92
03-05-12 10:32 PM - Post#124313    

Great to see Walker ice the game at the line. He did not have a good year but he played well all 3 games in Springfield, nice way to finish.

All year long we fretted over the 2-3 zones and it was man-to-man that totally disrupted them tonight.

With the kind of D both teams played tonight would only be fitting to draw a Big Ten team, as has been predicted.

I guess it's time for JP to sign that lifetime extension, eh?

Opie
Freshman
Posts 25
03-05-12 10:48 PM - Post#124326    

I just set a personal record for most "likes" on Facebook in a 5 minute span. Everyone I know from Loyola is posting with much excitement.
LoCo2011
Senior
Posts 399
03-05-12 11:11 PM - Post#124329    

SHANE WALKER!

SHANE WALKER!

SHANE WALKER!!!!

yes, you just saw loco2011 praise Shane Walker... he made up for the entire season in the last minute of this game... I am sorry to have ever gone against you, you are an incredible player. I was pretty sure he got concussed when he feel hard... but wow did he come up huge. 2 absolutely incredible rebounds.. and the free throw to ice it. I LOVE LOYOLA!

WE ARE MAAC CHAMPIONS!!!!!
jdp 94
Masters Student
Posts 870
jdp 94
03-05-12 11:21 PM - Post#124333    

Every dog has his day.

Today was ours.

How 'bout them Greyhounds!!!!!!
LoCo2011
Senior
Posts 399
03-06-12 12:19 AM - Post#124350    

guys...

Loyola is MAAC Champions.

We're going Dancing.

Just Wow!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going wherever we play, anyone else?
JohnELinden
Pre-Frosh
Posts 5
03-06-12 12:21 AM - Post#124352    

now get ready for the utter disrespect from the high major team that you draw.... i wouldnt even go to their board.... when dez wades team played maryland two years ago i wanted to punch their fans through the computer lol
loco09
Masters Student
Posts 526
loco09
03-06-12 12:25 AM - Post#124353    

Maryland fans are a special breed I am very familiar with them. I dont expect much respect from whomever we draw I just want to have a good showing and of course it would be amazing to keep it close and have a chance to win.

LoCo2011
Senior
Posts 399
03-06-12 12:27 AM - Post#124355    

we need a better board.

tried to post the team photo with the trophy... couldn't get it done.

I'm sure you all know to go to there, but the Loyola athletics website is a beautiful site right now.
loco09
Masters Student
Posts 526
loco09
03-06-12 12:31 AM - Post#124359    

The bookstore is trying to get MAAC Champs shirts this week. If they dont sell them online I may need one of you guys in the BMore area to pick one up for me.

LoCo2011
Senior
Posts 399
03-06-12 12:33 AM - Post#124360    

I'll pick some up for the entire board.
jdp 94
Masters Student
Posts 870
jdp 94
03-06-12 12:37 AM - Post#124363    

Let it not be lost in the euphoria that Jimmy Patsos coached a great game. He managed the foul situation in the first half adeptly.

So happy for the the players, students, program and alumni. What a great night.
LoCo2011
Senior
Posts 399
03-06-12 12:40 AM - Post#124364    

I will say... I hated him using our last timeout at the 1 minute mark... but we won, so I guess he knew what he was doing all along... but led to some nerve-y moments when we had to inbound the ball with no timeouts.

But absolutely, he had our guys ready... Walker and Etherly get in to foul trouble early and he puts the right guys on the court to get the job done. Nevermind the fact that we held FF scoreless for the first 8 minutes of the 2nd half, must've been some inspiring things said during half time.
LoCo2011
Senior
Posts 399
03-06-12 02:06 AM - Post#124377    

post game interview.

LOVE IT!!!

http://www.maacsports.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?...

CHAMPIONS!!!!
jdubs
Freshman
Posts 90
03-06-12 10:28 AM - Post#124417    

Great job by the Hounds. Awesome to see Loyola on Sportscenter for winning. Hopefully they don't draw a Final Four team because there's no way I'm not picking them in my bracket.

MAAC CHAMPS!
WOFM
Freshman
Posts 92
03-06-12 12:58 PM - Post#124476    

• jdp 94 Said:
Let it not be lost in the euphoria that Jimmy Patsos coached a great game. He managed the foul situation in the first half adeptly.
  • Quote:

I still say he has Smith or D'Alessio in his ear on the in-game stuff, but nothing wrong with that. As I've said before, other than the 40 minutes the ball is in play, Jimmy does a really nice job. Not too many coaches have it all, and if you found one who did, he wouldn't stay at Evergreen very long.

And let's not forget Latham really stepping up, that was pretty unexpected and enabled them to withstand all those minutes without Etherly and Walker.

Scary part is, that was not their best game. With them losing only Walker and Hall next year, this team has a chance to really be good.

Unless a bunch of guys apply for the NBA draft....
Opie
Freshman
Posts 25
03-06-12 02:28 PM - Post#124489    

I just stopped by the bookstore and asked when they will have the MAAC championship tee shirts. I was told they are supposed to arrive tomorrow (Tuesday). I don't know what time tomorrow, or when they'll be on the floor - but no later than Wednesday seems to be a safe guess.
LoCo2011
Senior
Posts 399
03-06-12 03:01 PM - Post#124497    

Yes.. heard the same thing.. shirts in book store tomorrow (Wednesday not Tuesday)

Also am hearing a Reitz Arena Selection Sunday Screening... food, trophy on display, etc. Definitely something I'd love to see. Students will be allowed on campus at noon on Sunday.
jdp 94
Masters Student
Posts 870
jdp 94
03-06-12 03:58 PM - Post#124512    

• LoCo2011 Said:
Students will be allowed on campus at noon on Sunday.

I cannot tell you what a buzz kill I had this morning to learn that this all happened during spring break.

I feel bad for the team and students. You've been robbed of the euphoria of the moment. Poor IYF, sitting there, watching the game with his mother!

Even when we win, we lose!
jdp 94
Masters Student
Posts 870
jdp 94
03-06-12 04:11 PM - Post#124517    

• Opie Said:
I just stopped by the bookstore and asked when they will have the MAAC championship tee shirts. I was told they are supposed to arrive tomorrow (Tuesday). I don't know what time tomorrow, or when they'll be on the floor - but no later than Wednesday seems to be a safe guess.

I had to read this twice, because I could not believe it. But get to the bookstore quick. They only ordered 100 t-shirts. Seriously.

http://www.bizjournals.com/baltimore/news/2012/0 3/...

• Quote:
With NCAA berth, Loyola University preps for merchandise rush

Loyola University Maryland is gearing up for a rush of apparel sales after the school’s men’s basketball team punched its ticket Monday night to the NCAA tournament for the first time in 18 years.

Shortly after Loyola defeated Fairfield 48-44 in the MAAC title game, the school ordered 100 championship T-shirts and 100 Loyola basketball shirts, said Jennifer Wood, director of campus services, which oversees the university’s bookstore. The campus bookstore is currently sold out of the basketball shirts, which sell for $21.95 apiece.

The shirts are expected to arrive Wednesday. The school is only ordering 100 at a time due to storage limitations, Wood said, but if sales are brisk more can be ordered and shipped within 48 hours.

Since the game ended, seven pre-orders were placed online for shirts, Wood said. An additional 23 basketball-related items sold overnight, she said.
“Obviously this is a learning experience for us,” said Wood, noting that this is a larger event for the school than orientation, graduation fairs, parents weekend and reunion weekend. “But we’re excited and we’ll take it.”

The true merchandise test, however, will come next week when the university’s 3,500 undergraduate students return from spring break.

• Loyola expects NCAA berth to pay off

Meanwhile Loyola, whose bookstore is operated by Barnes and Noble, has also ordered shirts to celebrate the first time its men’s basketball team has won at least 20 games. Those shirt will arrive within the next week.

Meanwhile, the success of the basketball team has already contributed to a spike in merchandise sales. Compared with the start of the season, apparel sales at home games tripled toward the end of the year, Wood said.

Loyola’s opponent in the first round of the NCAA tournament won’t be known until March 11.

jdubs
Freshman
Posts 90
03-06-12 04:19 PM - Post#124520    

• Quote:
With NCAA berth, Loyola University preps for merchandise rush

Since the game ended, seven pre-orders were placed online for shirts, Wood said. An additional 23 basketball-related items sold overnight, she said.
“Obviously this is a learning experience for us,” said Wood, noting that this is a larger event for the school than orientation, graduation fairs, parents weekend and reunion weekend. “But we’re excited and we’ll take it.”

That is unbelievable. Yes it's bigger than orientation and other events. No clue.

It would be sweet to be able to buy replica UA jersey or shorts, but that will probably never happen.

LoCo2011
Senior
Posts 399
03-06-12 04:40 PM - Post#124524    

A bunch of us has asked for the Black jerseys since we first saw them... they basically wouldn't do it... I really hope that changes now.

Pre-ordered the shirt... gonna go pick it up tomorrow.. didn't seem like an issue... recommend doing that online for all of you.
loco09
Masters Student
Posts 526
loco09
03-06-12 04:40 PM - Post#124525    

I ordered the shirt online from the bookstore today so hopefully it comes before out tournament game. I also saw a tweet about trying to get the shirts and hats worn by the players for sale too. I'm fine with the one online, I just want something to remember this by. Poor planning only ordering 100 shirts there are plenty of places to store them on campus. Order 1000 or 500, if you dont see them keep them for next season.

loco09
Masters Student
Posts 526
loco09
03-06-12 04:43 PM - Post#124528    

There is no reason for the bookstore not to sell more merchandise. If they have UA replica lacrosee jerseys there is no reason not to have basketball ones even if it was only the tshirts like those that they gave away at one of the games this year with Walker's number on the back

WOFM
Freshman
Posts 92
03-06-12 04:43 PM - Post#124529    

• jdubs Said:

That is unbelievable. Yes it's bigger than orientation and other events. No clue.

Can't we tap into our cadre of bright business students??

Do we have Philosophy majors running the bookstore?
LoCo2011
Senior
Posts 399
03-06-12 04:45 PM - Post#124531    

the most confusing part of the jersey sales is that they sell Lax replica jerseys... but not basketball ones. I have one actually... but it isn't a replica jersey (just one that has a 1) on it and it's basically a basketball jersey that says Loyola on it. From the Gerald Brown days. Replicas or even something along those lines would sell off the shelves.
InYourHead
Freshman
Posts 16
03-06-12 05:12 PM - Post#124537    

• jdp 94 Said:
  • LoCo2011 Said:

I cannot tell you what a buzz kill I had this morning to learn that this all happened during spring break.

I feel bad for the team and students. You've been robbed of the euphoria of the moment. Poor IYF, sitting there, watching the game with his mother!Even when we win, we lose!

Hey now, nothing wrong with watching the game with momma. I've watched my undergrad win a couple National Championships with her, and this was just as exciting. Loyola essentially won their National Championship last night.

jdp 94
Masters Student
Posts 870
jdp 94
03-06-12 05:41 PM - Post#124543    

• InYourHead Said:
  • jdp 94 Said:
  • LoCo2011 Said:

I feel bad for the team and students. You've been robbed of the euphoria of the moment. Poor IYF, sitting there, watching the game with his mother!Even when we win, we lose!

Hey now, nothing wrong with watching the game with momma. I've watched my undergrad win a couple National Championships with her, and this was just as exciting. Loyola essentially won their National Championship last night.

Fair enough. I'll amend accordingly:

I feel bad for every student except IYH, for missing out on the once-in-a-lifetime college campus experience.
Bang Bang
Sophomore
Posts 134
03-06-12 05:59 PM - Post#124545    

It's great going around the Internet know and finding all this great stuff. The video of welcoming the team back to campus, all the articles we have, the post game interview, espn highlights.

Patsos on Scott van Pelt show this afternoon: http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=765 2646

jdp 94
Masters Student
Posts 870
jdp 94
03-06-12 06:21 PM - Post#124548    

• Bang Bang Said:
It's great going around the Internet know and finding all this great stuff. The video of welcoming the team back to campus, all the articles we have, the post game interview, espn highlights.

Patsos on Scott van Pelt show this afternoon: http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=765 2646

Great listen. Never heard the story about what Prosser told Patsos when he took the job 8 years ago.

Damn it - why did Gillen have to take the Providence job!

loco09
Masters Student
Posts 526
loco09
03-06-12 06:35 PM - Post#124549    

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketba ll/blog/_/...

More pub. this time from Andy Katz at ESPN. It is amazing to see all of these stories and videos, the school couldnt afford all of the PR that this weekend has brought. This trip to the NCAA will pay huge dividends to the school over the next few months.

InYourHead
Freshman
Posts 16
03-06-12 07:48 PM - Post#124560    

• jdp 94 Said:
  • InYourHead Said:
  • jdp 94 Said:
  • LoCo2011 Said:

Fair enough. I'll amend accordingly:

I feel bad for every student except IYH, for missing out on the once-in-a-lifetime college campus experience.

Haha, thank you. Now back to the real issues here. When do y'all think we will here about things on campus? It's actually kinda nice that the administration has all week to work on it before we get back.

P.S.- Great crowd in the Welcome Back video too. Just imagine if the students were there today. There wouldn't have been a blade of grass to stand on.

maacballer
Sophomore
Posts 160
03-06-12 09:24 PM - Post#124578    

went to tourney this weekend and had a great time, The Loyola community was great

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.193 seconds.   Total Queries: 15   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 08:19 AM