Select "print" from your browser's "File" menu.

Back to Post
Username Post: Yale
H78
PhD Student
Posts 1458
H78
02-12-17 05:52 AM - Post#221469    

Once again, a great 2nd half comeback, as the team powers through a strong Eli team. Not sure if it's the depth that keeps their collective legs fresh, or if it's 2nd half adjustments.

Insightful comments on this by digamma, SRP and HDG on the Brown thread. Any thoughts about specifics on how this worked vs. a really good Yale team?
digamma
Masters Student
Posts 466
02-12-17 10:42 AM - Post#221479    

Last night was obviously about the guards. Aiken and Siyani had a combined 43 points and 8 assists. Add in Corey Johnson and you have 55 of our 75 points.

This with Lewis and Zena running into foul trouble and combining for only 6 points and 5 rebounds.

Reading between the lines a bit, it seems like our practices are really wars at this point and people are being rewarded with playing time. The last couple of weeks Amaker mentioned Perez practicing well and he's seeing the court. I think the same had been true with Henry Welsh at the beginning of the season. Maybe Egi in the middle?
SRP
Postdoc
Posts 4894
02-12-17 09:57 PM - Post#221630    

As a noted Edosomwan skeptic, I feel obligated to point out his stellar 2nd-half defensive effort against Yale. I just wonder to whom he will pass the Kyle Casey bad foul token when he graduates.

That was also the best I've seen Aiken play. (I missed the first half.) He was either open or got clear of the defense before shooting most of the time and was deadly finishing.

Copeland is very hard to stop, but when the Yale offense becomes him trying to make highlight plays every time down the floor that's a bad sign for the Elis. They need some post scoring to keep things balanced up and there was precious little of that to be found. One and Bruner are terrific, but didn't really deliver much scoring when that was at a premium during Harvard's big runs.
H78
PhD Student
Posts 1458
H78
02-13-17 09:38 PM - Post#221764    

• SRP Said:
I just wonder to whom he will pass the Kyle Casey bad foul token when he graduates.

Kyle's fouls seemed to always come after he got a "non-call" on the other end, and he had this (badly) instinctive need to test the limits when defending on the next play. I haven't watched Z. that closely to determine if his are the same.

One of the things I admire Coach TA for is that he pulls a player immediately when that happens. It was actually my daughter, a former JV HS basketball player, who pointed that out to me.
HARVARDDADGRAD
Postdoc
Posts 2685
02-14-17 12:49 PM - Post#221802    

Coach Amaker continues to tinker with the bigs. Welsh was replaced by Egi, and now it appears Weisner Perez and Chris Baker are getting that time (plus Baker is drawing targeted defensive slots). Perez has played 26 minutes in the last three games, grabbing 12 rebounds and scoring 8 points. Add's mobility against smaller teams (uh, most teams) at the 4 spot.

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.352 seconds.   Total Queries: 15   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 08:02 AM