Select "print" from your browser's "File" menu.

Back to Post
Print Topic

Username Post: The state of Brown hoops
Bruno
PhD Student
Posts 1414
02-24-17 11:02 PM - Post#223455    

I love the staff's demeanor and professionalism and presence. I like that the staff has engaged me more than ever before. (Low bar, but still.) I like that we've played a faster paced, more entertaining brand of basketball this season.

But I'd trade it all for some of the sustained success jst talked about. And I don't see where it's going to come from if not from better talent or a system that our existing talent can execute more consistently. Why can this team not defend anybody? It's not just the pace they play at - the defense has been bad. There's no answer for that. That's either selection or execution.

The institutional barriers are not going away. Between brand and facilities and fan support - you have to be really really good - or lucky - to be successful. So something still has to change - and if Mike's the guy, then Brown needs to find a way to support the program better than this.
LET'S go BRU-no (duh. nuh. nuh-nuh-nuh)

Print Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.21 seconds.   Total Queries: 15   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 08:14 AM