Select "print" from your browser's "File" menu.

Back to Post
Username Post: Yale 78 Brown 72.
JBears
Senior
Posts 334
01-12-18 09:13 PM - Post#243279    

Tough loss. But it will be a very good experience for this young team. Bears would have won had they shot their normal pct from the line. Shot just 58% vs a norm of 78%. Yale came out strong for the home opener and lead by as much as14 in first half. But Bears answered many of the Yale runs and really had chances to win right down to last 30 seconds. Many of the missed FTs were front end of 1 and 1's. Looking forward to the rematch next Friday at the Pitz. I think Cambridge, in particular, will respond and have a strong game. Brown can compete in the league.
Bruno
PhD Student
Posts 1414
01-15-18 09:34 PM - Post#243668    

I didn’t see much of the first half, but this felt like a solid enough performance by Brown, facing a much higher ranked team in their home Ivy opener.

Yale beat us up in the paint pretty good, on the boards and scoring inside. That is absolutely the consequence of a small lineup. If they’re going to go that small, then they must do a better job of stopping penetration and swarming inside. Still Brown was in it, and had they hit their free throws, they very well may have stolen this from an uncharacteristically sloppy Yale. Yale got a special performance from Phills, which was one guy Brown wasn’t coming in thinking much about. This was a winnable game down the stretch and you like seeing this young team struggle through and still be close.

The one stat that stood out to me the most was the differential in assists. Yale had 19 on 28. Brown 9 on 23. Brown’s not a high assist rate team, but the stat doesn’t feel great. Honestly I’m not sure if it matters given this team’s makeup or not.

All will be forgiven if Brown can hold of Yale at home.
LET'S go BRU-no (duh. nuh. nuh-nuh-nuh)

Old Bear
Postdoc
Posts 3988
01-16-18 08:58 PM - Post#243761    

Old Bear's keys to the game, better rebounding, particularly on the Defensive end, fewer turnovers, and make the free throws. The last should be the most easily doable.
Silver Maple
Postdoc
Posts 3765
01-16-18 11:09 PM - Post#243766    

Tell that to Steve Donahue.

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.231 seconds.   Total Queries: 15   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 04:45 AM