Select "print" from your browser's "File" menu.

Back to Post
Username Post: Marist
Old Bear
Postdoc
Posts 3988
12-22-18 04:37 PM - Post#269762    

Cambridge unstoppable, great game from Howard. Team D was terrific.
rbg
Postdoc
Posts 3044
12-22-18 05:13 PM - Post#269773    

The first 10 minutes were a bit sloppy for both teams, but Brown really did a great job after that.

Cambridge's scoring 8 points in the first few minutes of the 2nd half crushed any hopes Marist had of getting back into this one.

Defensively, they did a great job keeping Marist away from the 3 point line. Marist hit 12 threes against Columbia and 8 against Dartmouth in beating both teams. Today, they ended up with 3 on 16% shooting.

The announcers noted that Anderson missed the Stony Brook game with a hip injury. He looked in good shape today, but only played 18 minutes today.

Another good win for the Bears. Looking at their schedule, they have a tough one at San Diego State next week. Then, three winnable games against Maine, Canisius and Johnson & Wales before the two games against Yale.
AntiUngvar
Masters Student
Posts 530
12-22-18 05:16 PM - Post#269776    

Congratulations on a job well done this afternoon! I really thought Marist would continue its run of Ivy League dominance (Columbia and Dartmouth, both, will have their hands full with Brown); though I'm relieved to note that, occasionally, the KP model does show its worth.

palestra38
Professor
Posts 32680
12-22-18 09:26 PM - Post#269917    

Wales is easy--not so sure of Johnson.
Chip Bayers
Professor
Posts 6997
Chip Bayers
12-22-18 09:47 PM - Post#269919    

“It profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world ... but for Wales?”

JBears
Senior
Posts 334
12-23-18 04:37 PM - Post#269982    

The Bears really attack the three point shooters. They give up the head fake and drive by as they know someone will slide over and cover. And block shots at times. They move their feet well and stay in front of people. I know they Ivy opponents will offer greater competition than many of the non conference teams. However, their approach and a very consertive effort make the Bears a very good defensive team.
Bruno
PhD Student
Posts 1414
12-23-18 10:56 PM - Post#270001    

Hard to say they aren’t effective defensively. They have been. I don’t think they’re deploying a new strategy. I think they have some fair length defending the line and they may be able to overplay given the protection they have in having two off-ball shot blockers on the floor at any one time (between Cambridge, Choh and Howard).

They have played some crummy three point shooting teams to be sure, but they’ve faced their share of good ones too.

It’s notable they’re also defending very well inside the line.
LET'S go BRU-no (duh. nuh. nuh-nuh-nuh)

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.29 seconds.   Total Queries: 15   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 06:09 AM