Select "print" from your browser's "File" menu.

Back to Post
Username Post: Qpac
Bruno
PhD Student
Posts 1414
11-13-19 10:32 PM - Post#290916    

Congrats to the Bears on what I believe is their best start in team history at 3-0. Great to win when Choh has a 4–17 shooting night.

Anderson continues to carry the team with outstanding offensive play. He is so dangerous when he is hitting threes and getting inside with his speed. Huge shot Hunsaker, who played distributor allowing BA to score. And Howard gave them just enough to make a big difference. Starting to look like his old self.

Qpac struck me as better than a 260 KenPom. They’re much bigger inside and Choh felt that. Brown was tentative at times against what looked like an aggressive matchup 3-2 zone, but they got it into the middle just enough.

The game was still too close for comfort playing at home but Brown made one more play and came back after being down 5 late. Upperclassmen finished it, with limited contributions from the bench.

Friday played. Rusty but he moves with purpose and looks like a difference-maker.
LET'S go BRU-no (duh. nuh. nuh-nuh-nuh)

Old Bear
Postdoc
Posts 3988
11-13-19 10:53 PM - Post#290918    

Amen, Bruno, this was Qpac's first game of the season, they are talented and big,and deep. They have 7' frosh and a frosh guard from DC who can play almost anywhere. We may have benefited from playing them this early. Take the win.
JBears
Senior
Posts 334
11-14-19 08:56 AM - Post#290938    

Another determined effort by the Bears. The 21 offensive rebounds certainly shows that. Qpac held to 26% on 3’s. But Martin also mentioned in press conference that the visitors took less than they averaged over last two years. Part of Browns success last year was their ability to extend their D and get out on 3 point shooters. They seem to be doing that again. And a few times Qpac tried to throw inside against the extended pressure, their passes were defended and deflected as someone hustled back to cover. Good effort and attention to detail.

Martin said haven’t faced much zone D, and it showed. The foul line area was open. Choh had the ball in that area a number of times. But his instinct is to drive to the hoop. He, or someone, should have just taken the almost uncontested 15 foot jump shot. Maybe next time.

The Bears got 25 points off only 15 Qpac turnovers. The biggest 3 of those points, although not sure was in this stat, was the Hunsacker game-winning 3, which was set up by his steal with 28 seconds left.

Anderson has improved every year and is extremely impressive. If he stays on this course, he can average 20 points per game and finish his career close to the top 5 in school history. In the post game he attributed much of his success to working the offense Martin has constructed and taking advantage of the opportunities it provides. He is also a very smart young man who has been mentioned as a gym rat and a very hard worker. Congrats to him for his great development.

Martin also mentioned in post game that Friday has only practiced 4 times and has a lot of rust to shake off. He also said he will add a different dimension to the team. He had 5 rebounds and defensively effected some shots in 16 minutes. Martin also mentioned Gainey will be back soon, which means his DNP was not a coaches decision.

Howard finally showed up and played great. I hope we’ll see GMK return from his absence soon, which I believe is from a concussion. Very interesting to watch this team develop against a challenging but not overwhelming early schedule. Brown is winning these winnable games without it’s full roster. They are following Anderson’s lead. He, Hunsacker, and Choh are all playing big minutes. More contributions from the bench will be required as the season progresses. But, so far, so good. Go Bears!!!

Bruno
PhD Student
Posts 1414
11-16-19 03:07 PM - Post#291201    

I’m very impressed they’re 3-0. Winning tight games in a row is a major achievement. They made 1-2 more plays three games in a row. They haven’t played great. But they won their first three games learning to play without Obi and Dez against credible opposition. Exceptional.

Anderson is incredible. He’s had great stretches - remember the beginning of his sophomore year. But not like this. It’s as big a three game performance as I can remember from anyone.

This is not necessarily the recipe for success in the Ivy season. They’ll need more weapons and a deeper rotation. But I absolutely love they’ve found ways to win these games.

Bruno
PhD Student
Posts 1414
11-16-19 03:09 PM - Post#291203    

I’m very impressed they’re 3-0. Winning tight games in a row is a major achievement. They made 1-2 more plays three games in a row. They haven’t played great. But they won their first three games learning to play without Obi and Dez against credible opposition. Exceptional.

Anderson is incredible. He’s had great stretches - remember the beginning of his sophomore year. But not like this. It’s as big a three game performance as I can remember from anyone.

This is not necessarily the recipe for success in the Ivy season. They’ll need more weapons and a deeper rotation. But I absolutely love they’ve found ways to win these games.

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.206 seconds.   Total Queries: 15   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 06:19 AM