Select "print" from your browser's "File" menu.

Back to Post
Username Post: Any Whispers on New Women's Coach?
Greenhorn
Senior
Posts 321
03-20-21 12:27 AM - Post#322327    

Seems like they ought to hire someone asap. The NCAA dead period is coming to an end.
rbg
Postdoc
Posts 3059
03-30-21 11:03 PM - Post#322657    

https://dartmouthsports.com/news/2021/2/24/wbb-ko c...

- Koclanes will remain in her role until March 31 before beginning her new position. A national search for the fifth head coach of the program will start immediately. -

Maybe there will be an announcement of an interim or permanent head coach in a few days.
rbg
Postdoc
Posts 3059
04-02-21 09:59 PM - Post#322916    

No news yet, but here's something from the UCLA women's coach that should peak the interest of (& a phone call from) the Big Green.

https://twitter.com/CoachCoriClose/status /13781220...

Cori Close
@CoachCoriClose

I have two outstanding people with Div I and WNBA championship level experience on my staff that are ready to be D1 coaches right now and would be great!! If you're looking for someone feel free to reach out to me!
7:08 PM · Apr 2, 2021

Go Green
PhD Student
Posts 1149
04-26-23 03:28 PM - Post#355904    

• rbg Said:
No news yet, but here's something from the UCLA women's coach that should peak the interest of (& a phone call from) the Big Green.

https://twitter.com/CoachCoriClose/status /13781220...

Cori Close
@CoachCoriClose

I have two outstanding people with Div I and WNBA championship level experience on my staff that are ready to be D1 coaches right now and would be great!! If you're looking for someone feel free to reach out to me!
7:08 PM · Apr 2, 2021

Was checking to see if there were any runner-ups for the WBB position from two years ago. No one mentioned in the threats, but I did see this nugget.

rbg- if you see similar posts out there, please let us know! You were also the one who noted the lack of D-1 experience from Shibles' staff when she hired everyone..
CM
Masters Student
Posts 424
04-26-23 03:47 PM - Post#355906    

Actually, there were rumors at the time that Shibles was the 3rd or 4th candidate Dartmouth offered. But keep in mind that hire was being done by an interim AD during covid year so the job was not a great one at all.

How much better it is now is up for debate. On the bright side any coach who comes in will almost surely see a record improvement next year.
Go Green
PhD Student
Posts 1149
04-26-23 03:51 PM - Post#355907    

• CM Said:
Actually, there were rumors at the time that Shibles was the 3rd or 4th candidate Dartmouth offered.

No kidding?

Any inkling who else was offered? I mean, no harm in disclosing now...
CM
Masters Student
Posts 424
04-26-23 03:55 PM - Post#355908    

Never heard that much, no.

I do know it's not regarded as a great job as far as mid-major D1 positions go - recruiting to Hanover has been an issue for a long long time, with admissions help not forthcoming. As well, Hanlon's edict a couple years ago that he wanted to reduce the number of recruited athletes as a percentage of the student body for sure put a chill in the hiring process.
rbg
Postdoc
Posts 3059
04-26-23 06:52 PM - Post#355911    

I haven't seen or heard any updates on a new women's coach. I recommend following Jenn Hatfield of The NEXT, who seems to have a lot of info on the IL.

https://twitter.com/jennhatfield1

Here is the Dartmouth job posting:

https://searchjobs.dartmouth.edu/postings/68143

They are looking for 6 years of coaching experience or the equivalent. If that's the case, I'm guessing Cy Lippold doesn't have enough experience to be in the running.

Over the last few years, Harvard went with a former Banghart assistant, Yale went with a Berube assistant and Brown went with a Merrimack coach who played at Bucknell. All three seem to be doing a good job.

You all know more than me, but it did seem that the old AD and interim AD often looked at D3 coaches for men's and women's basketball. Maybe this recent episode will lead them to a D1 hire.

It's a tough rebuild, but the team has great history and they are a part of one of the top mid-majors in the country.
Old Bear
Postdoc
Posts 3998
04-26-23 07:50 PM - Post#355913    

Threads or tomorrow threats?
Go Green
PhD Student
Posts 1149
04-27-23 07:58 AM - Post#355919    

• rbg Said:

You all know more than me, but it did seem that the old AD and interim AD often looked at D3 coaches for men's and women's basketball. Maybe this recent episode will lead them to a D1 hire.

Koclanes was taken off American University's bench. At the time, it seemed like a nice hire. AU was a solid program (the former AU head coach is now at Wake Forest). Koclanes also had international experience.

I can't remember if Sheehy (re)-hired Cormier. But he came from the NBA.

True, Sheehy hired McLaughlin. He came from D-III. And Roby hired Shibles. She came from D-III.

Given Harrity's background, I think its a safe bet that he takes a D-I assistant looking to captain her own ship. Yes, the program needs a serious re-build. Yes, there are recruiting challenges. But it's got to be easier than Shibles made it look...

This will also be Harrity's first big decision as AD (making McCorkle interim head coach in football was a no-brainer). Should be very interesting to see the direction he chooses...
CM
Masters Student
Posts 424
04-27-23 11:20 AM - Post#355924    

Freshman Clare Meyer and sophomore Doreen Ariik are both in the transfer portal, meaning Big Green will only have one returning player taller than 6' next year. Unless new coach can convince both to stay in Hanover.
Go Green
PhD Student
Posts 1149
04-27-23 01:23 PM - Post#355928    

• CM Said:
Freshman Clare Meyer and sophomore Doreen Ariik are both in the transfer portal, meaning Big Green will only have one returning player taller than 6' next year. Unless new coach can convince both to stay in Hanover.

One of these days, some actual *good* news is going to come out of the program...

If we're going to be stuck with a roster of short players, then Dartmouth's best chance of getting a couple of victories next season would be to implement a traditional Princeton Offense...

*sigh*
Greenhorn
Senior
Posts 321
04-28-23 03:48 AM - Post#355934    

Sheehy was, of course, himself the product of a D3 program as the hoops coach and later AD at Williams. I suspect his experience played a role in his selection of McLaughlin. Not Great Bob.

CM
Masters Student
Posts 424
04-28-23 07:08 AM - Post#355935    

To be fair, McLaughlin came from Northeastern where he was head of recruiting. So, yeah, the bulk of his experience was outside D1, but his position at NU was important.
rbg
Postdoc
Posts 3059
04-28-23 08:19 AM - Post#355936    

Looking at Harrity's bio, he came to Dartmouth from Army. Before that, he worked for several years at Notre Dame.

Just throwing some names out based on that info...

At Army, he may have been involved in the hiring of Missy Traversi a few years ago. She grew up in Mass, played at Maine, coached her high school alma mater & Adelphi. She has been about .500 in her two years with Army.

He seems to have a good relationship with Muffet McGraw from his time at Notre Dame. Maybe she has given him input into anyone from her staff that is ready to be a D-1 head coach, like Michaela Mabrey.

Mabrey grew up in NJ and played for UND from '12-'16. She was two-time captain and her teams made it to 3 Final Four appearances. Between graduation and returning to UND, she was on the staff at Miami, Miami (OH) and LSU.

From his bio page -
“Michaela came to Notre Dame confident, knowledgeable and ready,” McGraw said. “I’ve been amazed with how she can break down film and do a scouting report. She can recruit with anybody, and against anybody, because she has that innate ability to relate to the players and the parents. The relationship she has fostered with the kids and developing them is something that you typically grow into, but she hit the ground running.”
CM
Masters Student
Posts 424
04-28-23 09:04 AM - Post#355937    

My guess is new coach will have been a lead assistant at a mid-major, rather than second assistant at a Power5.

The simple fact is the Dartmouth job is not a great first head coach job for an up-and-coming young coach who wants to eventually coach in the Power5. The top teams in the Ivy League are really good right now and best case scenario for a new Dartmouth coach is, what, getting them to .500 within 4 years? High major coaching candidates are going to avoid that like the plague.
flinder
Freshman
Posts 73
04-28-23 10:14 AM - Post#355941    

I'm curious whether any Ivy assistants would bite. I'm thinking of Lauren Battista at Princeton, Tyler Cordell at Columbia, or Kelly Killion at Penn. Cy Lippold probably wishes Shibles had held on for another couple down years so she could gain more experience at Columbia (but then the rebuild here would be even harder).

I hadn't really thought about the Army or Notre Dame connections; the latter is especially and obviously intriguing. An assistant coach with capital as a player might make recruiting just a little bit easier.
CM
Masters Student
Posts 424
04-28-23 11:10 AM - Post#355950    

I'd be curious if the Ivy assistants' familiarity with Dartmouth would make the job more or less appealing.
rbg
Postdoc
Posts 3059
04-28-23 11:51 AM - Post#355958    

Tyler Cordell has been with Megan Griffith the whole time at Columbia. When they both started, the team was really in bad shape, there was minimal fan support and limited institutional support.

She would be an appealing candidate, since she has helped build an Ivy program and also spend several years as the Princeton DBO. That pathway certainly worked well for Griffith and Moore.

Batista is another great candidate, plating and learning under Berube for a number of years.

Killion could be a good candidate, but Penn's fall from the top of the league standings over the last few years would make me lean towards the other two.
JDP
Masters Student
Posts 577
04-28-23 04:20 PM - Post#355988    

I think Dartmouth and likely all the non HPY schools are in a hard spot for recruiting and replacing coaches – they are the five most expensive schools to play D1 basketball.

Dartmouth has a great historical legacy, but can they compete with HPY on financial aid and institutional support? Columbia is doing very well past two years, so their brand is very attractive. Penn has a top 100 program and the only Ivy team other than Princeton to go to the NCAAs in recent memory. So very hard to build a team to make Ivy madness when five of your competitors are all attractive – and the other two still may be ahead. But in basketball you only need 1 solid player and 1 good role player per recruiting class and your fortunes can quickly turn.

This reality makes it hard to attract a coach looking for a steppingstone job… what are the odds of beating out HP in the next four years to win a title? Or making Ivy Madness? So more likely a coach who would be comfortable with building up to be a NIT team (top 125 team) in next six years and understanding and accepting Ivy limitations and the challenges that brings to recruiting.

The wildcard is does the Ivy lawsuit get settled with the Ivies offering full scholarships. Then the job becomes very attractive to any assistant coach. As every Ivy will have a lot of quality student athletes wanting to attend … and likely multiple NCAA bids … and all eight teams could be top 150. But until the fantasy becomes reality …

CM
Masters Student
Posts 424
04-29-23 06:18 AM - Post#356002    

While the potential for scholarships in the IL (distant, I think) will make the League more competitive, I think you are forgetting how hard the IL schools are to get into in the first place, never mind the workload once admitted. Yes, the pool of potential student athletes will expand once tuition money is not a hurdle, but it will remain restricted due to the academic rigor. And Dartmouth, perhaps more than any other Ivy, is well know for having the least helpful admissions department when it comes to recruited athletes.

Dartmouth WBB could hope to become a .500 IL program within 6 years, given a skilled recruiting coaching staff and some luck. But it is so far behind at the moment that aiming for more seems more fantasy than reality.
JDP
Masters Student
Posts 577
04-29-23 12:11 PM - Post#356023    

Philosophically, in enticing students to apply and matriculate, I believe the financial cost of an Ivy is currently the first order constraint – admissions is second order. Two thoughts why:

Scholarships / merit aid may not increase the admittable overall pool or the admittable student-athlete applicant pool: All the top applicants already apply to an Ivy. But currently how many admitted students ultimately select an alternative university because of economic reasons? As financial support increases, that number approaches zero. The yield rate for Ivy teams to their top admitted/offered recruits also likely increases as the cost of attendance approaches zero, their cost at any non Ivy alternative D1 university.

Scholarships may increase the admittable overall and student-athlete applicant pool: There are likely some potential admissible applicants that self-select against an Ivy because the perceived the cost will be too great or don’t want to fill out the financial aid package to get a read. No idea on the size of the cohort, but it’s nonzero. Some potential admissible student athletes know the Ivies do not offer scholarships and there are alterative high academic D1 institutions that do, so they do not even engage with an Ivy. Scholarships eliminates this reason.

I believe this effect is evident currently within the Ivies, as each school has a different, and from top to bottom – likely meaningfully relatively different, need-based aid amount for the same student (play around with the financial aid formulas on the school’s websites). All the Ivy student-athletes qualified under the AI and want to undertake the course work. But Ivy Titles are not 12.5% per school – nor is the distribution of appearances in Ivy Madness or NCAA bids. An interesting study would be to see the impact of the deregulation of the Ivy Financial Aid policy in the 1990s to success of a school’s athletic teams, pre and post deregulation. Have the Ivies with the better financial aid packages gone further in NCAA championships across all sports post deregulation than pre?

When I was watching the women’s final 4, the announcers made the comment that the Virginia Tech team had a 3.7 GPA. Catlin Clark is an Academic All-American. I have conviction that some of the Academic All-Americans on the list below would end up at Ivies.

https://academicallameric a.com/news/2023/3/14/2022...

As it is, the Ivies should have had multiple bids last year to the women’s tournament, and given the talent across the league, I believe the Ivies will have four top 100 teams next season. If scholarships allowed each team to add an additional top 150 player every other recruiting class or an additional key transfer, that would make a meaningful difference in level of play when most teams play 7-8 key players per game. And given the high starting level, that would mean meaningful more national success.

Scholarships would help level the playing field across the Ivies and vs. D1
CM
Masters Student
Posts 424
04-29-23 01:01 PM - Post#356028    

Pretty much everything you write is on point. But, and I am coming at this from first hand experience in the process, Dartmouth loses potential student-athletes because it is known to have a relatively uncooperative admissions department (and this is for all sports, not just basketball). I know more than a few kids who didn't even bother looking at Dartmouth and went to other Ivys because the reputation of admissions is so poor in the recruiting world(not to mention Hanlon's edict on cutting down the number of recruited athletes in the student body).

Relative to the entire pool, there are a small number of potential D1 basketball players who can also qualify for admissions at an Ivy - as you say, some of them currently don't even look at Ivys because of the lack of scholarships. So, yes, the number of potential Ivy players would increase if the Ivy athletic scholarships come to pass. But many IL basketball programs right now resemble D3 more than D1 in ways other than just scholarships, and all this matters when trying to convince a kid to come to Dartmouth over Northwestern or Stanford or Duke. Scholarships are a start, but only part of the story.

Also, fwiw, schools like Va Tech and Iowa have curriculum specifically tailored for their athletes (not to mention comprehensive systems of academic support), not something any Ivy athlete could ever expect.
JDP
Masters Student
Posts 577
04-29-23 03:54 PM - Post#356035    

I did not realize the magnitude of the admissions issue at Dartmouth. Clearly each school should address their unique constraints from most binding.

I also agree turning on scholarships will have not immediately have all the Stanford players transfer to Ivies or even make Wharton the #1 transfer choice for finance major Hailey Van Lith. The elite players want to play against top competition and have tournament success. The Ivies would have to grow into that level of conference, but on the women’s side, the conference is close, top 10.

I acknowledge your point on there is an academic constraint limiting who teams may recruit. But, the Big Green aside, I feel the financial cost is greater than the academic. One can look at the recruits who post that they were offered by an Ivy and then go Power 5 or top Mid Major and see the talent drain due to economics. The top Ivy teams routinely attract top 100 women's players and those student athlete graduate and are successful. Princeton has attracted three WNBA draft picks to undertake thier course work and thesis. I believe the pool of admissible student that are top to elite athletes is larger than you may believe (we would need to calibrate our measures) and scholarships would see more elite student athletes choose to attend an Ivy.

But your point on some schools operating more like DIII schools is an important point. Institutional support is key. Not just admissions but from the president to provost to alumni to students. The more all constituencies are working together, the greater the potential for high level success. A coach who operates without consistent support, has a lower likelihood to build a consistently completive team. This institutional reality will shape who applies for the Dartmouth or any Ivy position.

Columbia would have made the tournament if the NET scores of the rest of the league were just slightly higher – as we saw close games (10 point winning margin or less) vs. low NET league teams will drop your NET rating when your NET ranking is in the 40s. And to the extent a member institution is actively instituting frictions to the athletic department that are detrimental to the overall league success, that member institution and the league should be intellectually honest and ask if that member institution’s vision remains likeminded to the other institutions. The Ivy League label is an athletic designation, not an academic designation.

Ivy Women’s Basketball could be an internal catalyst for change. Princeton women’s basketball has had phenomenal league success over the past decade. And no doubt they want to replicate their Field Hockey and Lacrosse national successes. And while recently they have won the opening round game, is their basketball ceiling constrained by the League’s DI – DIII effective bifurcation – either by what recruits will consider Princeton or how high the NCAA will seed the Tigers – what would it take for Princeton to host an opening round game, and can that be done without the Tigers absorbing more recruiting competition and having all Ivy teams being more competitive nationally?.

Scholarships could also be a catalyst for change. If the lawsuit settles with scholarships, will the DIII leaning schools want to remain and offer scholarships? Or could the settlement cause a reconstitution of the athletic conference?

rbg
Postdoc
Posts 3059
05-05-23 02:30 PM - Post#356164    

No coaching updates that I've seen.

Fwiw, Belle Koclanes left on 2/24/21 and Adrienne Shibles was hired on 5/3/21. I believe Dartmouth was the last, or one of the last, to hire a new coach that year.

Shibles left on 4/17/23 and there isn't a new coach in place. According to WBB Blog, there have been 47 jobs filled and only 2 openings remain.

Miami (OH), the only other opening, happened suddenly last week, after the school found out the coach had an inappropraite relationship with one of her players.
Greenhorn
Senior
Posts 321
05-05-23 06:37 PM - Post#356170    

Anyone know if there are/were even recruits for next season? I'm sure they're just thrilled about the uncertainty. And having no coach during summer evals is going to do wonders for the class after next.
CM
Masters Student
Posts 424
05-06-23 06:49 AM - Post#356172    

Yes, Dartmouth has an incoming class of four freshmen - all of whom committed last summer, or earlier.

Considering two of this year's freshmen are in the transfer portal and, as you say, there's no coach to do any recruiting right now, Dartmouth WBB seems committed to some rough days ahead.
Greenhorn
Senior
Posts 321
05-06-23 11:39 PM - Post#356185    

Sarah Assante, an assistant under Shibles, has found a new home. She'll be an assistant next year at Bryant. That obviously means she's not minding the store while Dartmouth searches for someone new. I hope someone is.

Go Green
PhD Student
Posts 1149
05-07-23 12:59 PM - Post#356188    

• Greenhorn Said:
Anyone know if there are/were even recruits for next season? I'm sure they're just thrilled about the uncertainty. And having no coach during summer evals is going to do wonders for the class after next.

Among the four incoming recruits, only one had another D-1 offer (from NJIT).

So I seriously doubt any of them are going anywhere...

Maybe Shibles and her staff had bigger targets for next season's class. But I doubt it.

JDP
Masters Student
Posts 577
05-07-23 03:16 PM - Post#356189    

Clarice Borges 2024 / Bay state jags / Dexter Southfield MA committed on 27 July 22

https://twitter.com/lwproductions4/status /16149994...
Go Green
PhD Student
Posts 1149
05-08-23 06:24 AM - Post#356194    

• JDP Said:
Clarice Borges 2024 / Bay state jags / Dexter Southfield MA committed on 27 July 22

https://twitter.com/lwproductions4/status /16149994...

She hadn't started her junior year at the time she was offered (and apparently accepted immediately) from Dartmouth.

She visited a few of Dartmouth's competitors. But it does not appear that any of them offered her.
Go Green
PhD Student
Posts 1149
05-08-23 07:05 AM - Post#356195    

Should also mention that unlike the 2023 recruits (who aren't going anywhere), Borges probably has enough time to re-open her recruiting status if she decides that Dartmouth's new coach (whoever that may be) is a bad fit for her.

And I suppose the sentiment will apply likewise with the new coach...
CM
Masters Student
Posts 424
05-08-23 08:38 AM - Post#356196    

If true, this is an absurd statement on how unprepared the outgoing coaches were. Essentially fielding a D3 roster trying to compete against the likes of Columbia and Princeton. Whoever takes this job better demand a long runway to show success, because with Shibles recruiting classes in place the ability to improve would seem very limited.
Go Green
PhD Student
Posts 1149
05-08-23 08:49 AM - Post#356197    

• CM Said:
If true, this is an absurd statement on how unprepared the outgoing coaches were. Essentially fielding a D3 roster trying to compete against the likes of Columbia and Princeton.

Complete speculation on my part, but I do think that Shibles was given an ultimatum by Harrity that Shibles could not meet and/or live with.

If a team has a bad year, a saving grace usually takes the form of hope for the future. "Yeah, we finished last. But we've got these great players coming, so better days are coming soon." Or something to that effect.

I suspect Harrity looked at Shibles' incoming recruits and was very unimpressed. He probably told her to make changes to her staff or otherwise figure out some way to bring in higher caliber players. And Shibles elected to resign...

It's a mess. Yes- the new person will be given a long runway. But it would be beneficial for all involved if we showed immediate improvements in recruiting.
CM
Masters Student
Posts 424
05-08-23 11:50 AM - Post#356199    

A huge issue with trying to improve the level of recruits is with two awful seasons in the books and some weaker recruiting classes already on campus any top high school player is going to see themselves as a the ground floor of a major rebuild. It's not an impossible sell, look how well the Brown women did this year with mostly freshmen and sophomores, but, man, it is a not easy, either. Massive kudos to brown coaches for what they pulled off this year, they are for sure on the radar as a spoiler next year.

But, as you say, you have to start somewhere, it's just that this somewhere appears deep in the basement.
rbg
Postdoc
Posts 3059
05-09-23 09:04 PM - Post#356214    

Miami (OH) hired Indiana’s associate head coach as its new head coach. Looks like Dartmouth has the last open head coaching spot on this year’s carousel.
flinder
Freshman
Posts 73
05-10-23 02:44 PM - Post#356231    

That's one way to make it the most attractive head coaching job in all of women's college basketball...
Go Green
PhD Student
Posts 1149
05-10-23 03:02 PM - Post#356233    

• flinder Said:
That's one way to make it the most attractive head coaching job in all of women's college basketball...

Indeed! I don't think we're going to go down to our third or fourth choice this time.

Greenhorn
Senior
Posts 321
05-10-23 11:21 PM - Post#356252    

Dartmouth just canceled its recruit camp. They don't have anyone to run it. Very sad. Just digging a bigger and bigger hole for this once proud program.
CM
Masters Student
Posts 424
05-11-23 06:22 AM - Post#356255    

The depths to which this program has fallen are really sad. They fail to achieve what one would call the bare minimum to be considered a D1 program.

As an example, Shibles hiring was handled so badly that her first year the WBB players received almost zero Nike team gear, as is normal for any college basketball team. Might not seem like a big deal but if you come to Dartmouth and the coaching staff cannot even provide the stuff it gets FOR FREE from Nike, then what else are they screwing up?

Go Green
PhD Student
Posts 1149
05-11-23 09:59 AM - Post#356258    

• CM Said:
The depths to which this program has fallen are really sad. They fail to achieve what one would call the bare minimum to be considered a D1 program.

I'll be looking forward to see what they come up with for a schedule next season. Wouldn't be surprised if as many as three against D-III teams show up.
CM
Masters Student
Posts 424
05-12-23 08:23 AM - Post#356263    

Well, last year they played Merrimack, Bryant, UNH, who were all ranked in the bottom 60 of D1.

But ultimately, no matter how weak a non-Ivy schedule they play, if they can't win a single Ivy game they're in huge trouble as a program.
Greenhorn
Senior
Posts 321
05-17-23 08:26 PM - Post#356335    

Here's a whisper:

Brown assistants, Ugo Nwaigwe and Samantha Brenner have disappeared from Brown's website. There has been no announcement regarding their relocation.

Hmmmmmm.

Ever True
Junior
Posts 255
05-17-23 09:30 PM - Post#356337    

I can return a whisper for Nwaigwe - she’s taken an assistant position at Northeastern: https://twitter.com/gonuwbasketball/statu s/1656654...

No word on Brenner based on a quick search.
flinder
Freshman
Posts 73
05-17-23 10:35 PM - Post#356340    

Rats! I had already let myself get excited about her--background at Iowa, helped with Brown's resurrection--but I guess she's still a little on the young side. I doubt Brenner is the pick, either. But good sleuthing!
Greenhorn
Senior
Posts 321
05-17-23 11:46 PM - Post#356342    

Had the same exact thought process. And then...Rats!

In any event, bet we see an announcement in the next few days. This is a big eval weekend for AAU. It would be unfortunate to be the only school in the country unable to participate.

CM
Masters Student
Posts 424
05-18-23 09:05 AM - Post#356344    

Well they already missed the evaluation weekend in April and for sure will miss this weekend. Keep in mind there are only four AAU evaluation weekends in the year and Dartmouth will have missed half of them.

Imagine trying to sell that to a coaching candidate.
rbg
Postdoc
Posts 3059
05-18-23 10:11 PM - Post#356358    

At least there’s one bit of good news. Doreen Ariik has removed her name from the transfer portal.

https://twitter.com/jennhatfield1/status/ 165901749...
CM
Masters Student
Posts 424
05-19-23 08:05 AM - Post#356359    

Ariik left the team after Thanksgiving last year and never returned. If she, in fact, returns to the team it will be a pretty damning indictment on the team culture under Shibles watch. You'd think she probably has 3 years of eligibility left, too.
Go Green
PhD Student
Posts 1149
05-23-23 09:00 AM - Post#356431    

• CM Said:
Ariik left the team after Thanksgiving last year and never returned. If she, in fact, returns to the team it will be a pretty damning indictment on the team culture under Shibles watch. You'd think she probably has 3 years of eligibility left, too.

Not really.

Young people change their minds all the time for all types of reasons. Without knowing specifics about why Ariik left the team, it's only a guess that she found playing for Shibles intolerable.

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.187 seconds.   Total Queries: 15   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 12:42 AM