|Username||Post: Introducing Basketball U.'s Patriot League coverage|
11-02-06 02:37 AM - Post#23809
It is with great excitement that Basketball U. announces the expansion of its of our coverage of Patriot League men’s basketball. We look forward to bringing our tradition of professional, thorough, incisive, and balanced coverage to the league.
If you’re familiar with us from our coverage of the Ivy League, we’ll be bringing that same attitude and quality to the Patriot League. These are our core values:
- Our team beat writers and conference editors hold themselves to the highest standards of responsible journalism.
- We believe most college basketball fans are interested primarily in their team and secondarily in their team’s rivals — who most often are conference rivals — which is why we approach everything from a conference point of view.
- We believe in devoting an equal amount of attention to all teams, regardless of preseason expectations or their place in the conference standings.
- We don’t believe in sugar-coating, pulling punches, or ignoring the negative, but at the same time, we always keep in mind the fact these are college students, and a great effort is made to keep criticism constructive and respectful.
- With original content, news, standings and ratings, alumni and recruiting information, and our news wire — and soon team and invidual statistics — we aim to be one-stop shopping for fans of the programs we cover.
- By providing a responsibly moderated online community, we look to give our users a means of interacting with fellow fans free of the problems that tend to plague other message boards.
- Because we offer a unique product, we believe in collaboration — not competition — with other websites, and we will send traffic their way by linking to them every opportunity we get.We’ll be offering a free preview of our Premium content through Friday, November 3. We invite you to take advantage of this opportunity by exploring the site and familiarizing yourself with our take on college basketball.
Publisher, Basketball U.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.