Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Season in Review or Where do we go from here
EddieAlberto 
Freshman

Reg: 03-21-11
03-22-11 05:43 PM - Post#102222    
    In response to IvyBballFan

Agree that Wroblewski is a cut above the rest based on ballhandling, shooting and experience.

I also think that it always helps to look back to see what worked before in the Ivy League. No better team to look at than the 2010 team. Even if you cannot replicate the talent, try the formula.

The 2010 formula was a solid post (Foote backed by Coury), a smallish mobile scoring four man who creates matchup problems (Jacques backed by Tyler), a taller knock down shooter at the 3G (Wittman backed by Reeves), and two guards who can both shoot and penetrate to create for themselves and others (Dale and Wroblewski).

So, who do you plug in that formula for 2011-12?

In the post, I like Figini and Chemerisnki to make huge strides physically and with their confidence. They are both very skilled players offensively.

At the four spot, I like Peck who can step out and present matchup problems backed up by perhaps McMillen or even one of the younger guys like Sahota or Tarwater.

At the 3G, I like Groebe backed by Grey or perhaps even play Ferry at the 3G even though he is smaller. Ferry is the tweener. If he were 6ft 5, he would be an easy choice at the 3G. At the 2G, his strength is not penetration and probably deviates from the 2010 formula of two shooting/penetrating guards if you play him as a standstill shooting guard.

At the PG, I think you have to have the ball in Wroblewski's hands. He can shoot, penetrate and create for others.

At the 2G spot, either Ferry improves his penetration or another player such as Asafo-Adjei or Grey or Mathews makes huge strides. Grey and Mathews are probably the two who can both shoot and penetrate but I like Grey better as a tall 3G.

Maybe one of the freshmen is ready, but I wouldn't count on it.

The key is that every player must get better between now and October and be ready to battle and compete against each other so that the team gets better.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.011 seconds.   Total Queries: 5   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 02:01 PM