Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: The Mitch Henderson Era: A Preview Thread
Jeff2sf 
Postdoc

Reg: 11-22-04
04-22-11 06:39 PM - Post#104640    
    In response to gokinsmen

I was quoting Howard and I thought you, but you're right, I certainly wouldn't include the last 4 or 5 years of Penn classes as good.

Let's break this down just using your definitions - Henderson/Northwestern have demonstrated being unable to recruit as well as their conference opponents. If you'd like, we'll say that their recruiting matched the best an Ivy school had every year. Now you're removing his ability to offer a free education for only a slightly more prestigious university? And they get to play very small time schools and rarely appear on TV?

The same level of recruit he was bringing in is now asking themselves why they'd want to be involved in that.

About the only mitigating factor, such as it is, is that N'western LIKELY has more stringent standards for its recruits than the rest of the Big Ten, but Princeton has higher standards than some schools in the Ivies AND it's not clear that at these schools they clamp down quite as hard as the Ivies do. If Ivies scholar admits are allowed a std. deviation from the average student, it's very possible (likely?) that N'western, Cal, Stanford are allowed 1.5 or 2 devs.

Hmmm, now that I type all of the above facts, maybe you SHOULD have stuck with Earl.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.01 seconds.   Total Queries: 5   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 01:35 PM