Username Post: Offensive Flow Concern
Bison137 
Professor
Bison137
Reg: 01-23-06
02-24-12 01:00 PM - Post#121929    
    In response to SDQ

Beyond offensive flow, I'd add a few other things:

- Need BC to generate some offense. When he was hitting his outside shots and effectively penetrating - which lasted from the first Colgate game (PL game 2) through the Lafayette game you mention (PL game 10) - that may have been BU's best offensive run of the season - and BC had a lot to do with it.

- Cameron Ayers, imo, needs to be more aggressive in seeking out shots. He is capable of creating his own offense but at times, particularly lately, he seems to be too unselfish - just trying to fit in as opposed to creating. He has only taken more than 10 shots three times this year - and two of those were in November.

- I'd like to see more use of Willman on offense. JW has good post moves and almost never draws a double team, both because of his passing skills and because teams don't dare leave Muscala in a position where he might end up cutting to the baskeet without a help defender nearby.

- In rexcent games, we've seen very little of Hill or Kaspar penetrating and either scoring, drawing a foul, or dishing off to a big man. I almost wonder if Kaspar is reluctant to drive for fear of having to go to the line.

In any event, I agree that the offense - other than MM - has not been playing at the level that it was for several periods of time earlier in the year.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.244 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 07:07 AM