Basketball State Page
Scouting Report
Photo Gallery
Historical Record
Loyola Media
The Greyhound
Baltimore Sun
Baltimore Examiner
Username Post: So, 1994. What was it like?
InYourHead 
Freshman

Reg: 04-08-10
03-06-12 01:54 AM - Post#124375    
    In response to LoCo2011

• LoCo2011 Said:
I wasn't there for 1994... but I was there for Women's NIT.. and decent Loyola lax success..

Simply put, this should be the biggest moment ever in Loyola Athletics (college basketball is just so much more popular now than it was back then)

I will say a bunch of us (the guys I watched with) joked about going back to Craigs for the celebration but the students weren't on campus so it wouldn't have been worth it.

I'd like to think Loyola will try and coordinate some type of trip.. but if the game is in Phoenix or New Mexico (where I think 2/4 "first" round games take place) that that is just not likely.... The other two locations are Pittsburgh and Lousiville though, so I'd like to think that they would try to put something together. I know I used to work on the Superfans board and we would always try to hold some money aside in order to be able to fund whatever we needed to for a men's/women's NCAA trip to anywhere.. but I'm not sure what it's like now.

Either way, I'll be there, no matter where we are, and I hope to see some of these posters here as well. Still on cloud 9... such an incredible feeling right now, damn shame the students are on break for this, would've been fun to see the reaction as it seems the 1994 crew had quite the party when they made the tournament.

Definitely agree with that. Would have loved to be on campus tonight....if I wouldn't have been the only one there. Instead I got to watch it with my mom (huge college basketball fan) and even she was going nuts. Hopefully the excitement carries over until the tourney starts (and I think it will with Selection Sunday being the day we get back).

I remember back in 08 when Davidson made the Sweet 16, they sent several busloads of students all the way from North Carolina to Detroit entirely for free (transportation, hotel, tickets, everything). When they won that game, they sent several more up for the Elite 8. Hopefully Loyola can arrange something like that. But even more importantly, hopefully there can be a central location viewing party on campus. Maybe they can set up a big projection in Reitz or something.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2007 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.232 seconds.   Total Queries: 17   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 12:43 PM