Username Post: Bracketology
LoCo2011 
Senior

Reg: 01-05-08
03-06-12 11:14 PM - Post#124643    
    In response to DICKEY

• DICKEY Said:
From a friend with entirely too much time on his hands:

The committee is so subjective. Their history is that they are so-so at picking the 68 teams but not so good at seeding them. I tend to believe they rely heavy on computer numbers like the RPI (think BCS only less precise). If you use Lunardi's current ESPN projections, then to get a 14 seed they'd be competing with the following profiles. But dumbing it down to a few teams is hard because the committee's not smart & there's a domino effect to any crazy upsets that happen this week. For all we know we are a 14 in the commitee's eyes as we speak.

14 Seeds
RPI KenPom
Valparaiso 89 134
Davidson 66 66
Belmont 68 23
Akron 63 78

15 Seeds
Texas Arlington 98 104
Bucknell 87 98
Montana 86 95
Loyola (MD) 80 127

Belmont - Doubt we can jump.
Davidson - Doubt we can jump.
Vaparaiso - Cheer for Detroit in tournament final tonight.
Akron - Cheer against in tournament.

Montana - Cheer against in their tournament, their comp #'s are superior.
Bucknell - Cheer against in tournament.
Texas Arlington - Loyola's profile is better regardless imo.

Agree with this.. a lot of people are touting that b/c Iona was a 13 before they lost, we should be a 14 or St. Peter's was a 14 last year, so we should be a 14.

But we just don't match up as being better than the current teams on the 14 line. I'm actually nervous of dropping on to the 16 line. I know we absolutely do not deserve it but sometimes the NCAA has their own initiatives that they need to take care of and I'm sure keeping Loyola off the 16 line is not one of them.

I'm still just thrilled to dance, and I'd probably still be on such an emotional high when Sunday rolls around that it's hard to say disappointed but I'm just hoping we can avoid a 16.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2007 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.216 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 02:17 PM