Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Jeff Foote of the New Orleans Hornets
RedRover 
Freshman

Reg: 02-16-12
03-11-12 01:39 AM - Post#125270    
    In response to mrjames

I'd guess that in a best case scenario where the Hornets got to the airport around 11:30 Eastern Time, a charter plane from MPLS to New Orleans would get in around 2 or 3AM (which I guess would be 4AM with daylight savings). I wonder how Foote (or any 10-day player, for that matter) would find a place to live. He went straight from Springfield to the road game in Denver, so he hasn't been in New Orleans yet (at least, not as a Hornet). Since as a 10-day player, you could be cut at any time, are you just expected to find a hotel with your wages? If so, do players get per diem for home dates too?

I'd guess NBA teams have protocol for treating their "reserve army of labor" well, but I'm curious how it would work. I can't fathom how intense the experience would be of suddenly criss-crossing the continent and playing your first two NBA games with unfamiliar teammates and systems, plus moving to a new city, over the course of roughly 48 hours. Playing back-to-back games in Denver (which has a notoriously inconvenient airport for NBA teams) and Minnesota, before returning to New Orleans on the day the country switches to daylight savings, is also a fairly brutal travel schedule.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.011 seconds.   Total Queries: 5   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 02:24 AM