Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Mike Martin? Seriously?
pennhoops 
Postdoc

Reg: 11-21-04
06-02-12 11:42 AM - Post#129653    
    In response to Full Bear

This is obviously a Penn perspective but I think you're way off.

• Full Bear Said:
Because he recruited one player (Z. Rosen) to Penn with talent

Here you're just flat out wrong.

• Quote:
has never had to lead a program, deal with the media or be the final say in any decision. There is no easier job in life than an asst. coach.

Okay, that's a little weird to say, but whatever.

• Quote:
or more experience as higher level assts. Stewart (Pac 10), Young, Walsh (Big East), Anderson. We apparently didn't even interview Maker from Williams. Not sure if he was interested. Regardless, these guys have all sat in the big chair and performed. They have been held accountable.

Wait, I thought assistants were puppets and worthless.

• Quote:
What has Martin done?

He was an integral part in taking a six win team to a 20 win team in two seasons.

• Quote:
Last time I checked this was a Division One job.

Allegedly.

• Quote:
How many other D1 programs would make a hire like this?

Robert Morris, for one, and they're doing fine.

• Quote:
Harvard hired Tommy Amaker and we hire a guy who has never been involved in a NCAA game outside of the Ivies.

So if Brown's wealthy and powerful alums want to band together, drum up the cash and the institutional support to hire Ben Howland when he's pushed out at UCLA, go for it. That's what Harvard did. Harvard decided it wanted to have a winning program after a million blah years and essentially bought a foundation and have done a pretty good job so far of building that up. There is nothing to suggest there's that kind of desire and influence from Brown's junta.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.314 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 02:47 PM