Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: St. Peter's and Wisconsin
mountainred 
Masters Student

Loc: Charleston, WV
Reg: 04-11-10
11-18-12 11:08 PM - Post#135358    

Not the results I was hoping for in this two game stretch. A four point loss to the Peacocks (KenPom 211) was disappointing; that is a game Cornell should win if they want to contend in this league. Yvon Raymond and Blaise Ffrench torched Cornell for a combined 36 points (on 17 for 24 shooting and 7 assists).

The Wisky loss was just ugly in every sense and the only reason it was only a 33 point loss is that the teams basically stopped scoring at the 5 minute mark. As verbose as I can be, there is nothing else to say.

The rest of this road trip could be telling. ASU is a winnable game; Cornell is a 3 point underdog on KenPom as of now (though that will undoubtedly go up after Ken factors in today's game). Then two post-thanksgiving games with Presby (KP 302) and either Longwood (345) or Florida A&M 336). Anything less than a split could be disastrous.

A couple of interesting player usage notes. Gray is disappearing -- 18 minutes against St. Petes and 7 against Wisconsin. It's deserved. Peck also played less than 20 minutes in each of the last two games. When you look back at 2010-11, he had about 7 dominant games, 9 awful ones*, and 10 mediocre games. So far on the season, Errick has played one very strong game, where he fouled out, and three poor ones. I think Coach C is getting very frustrated.

* In fairness, a lot of the awful ones were at the start of the season, but his best games were in the middle of the season. He did not close well.

Edited by mountainred on 11-18-12 11:13 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.009 seconds.   Total Queries: 5   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 04:25 PM