Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: A shameful admission
YaleEli 
goober

Loc: Greenwich, CT
Reg: 12-07-04
12-24-04 01:28 AM - Post#1456    
    In response to AsiaSunset

I also attended the game at Yale back in 2002 when the "racial" remarks were allegedly made. Where in the Ivy league does this not happen? Granted, some fans may not be affiliated with the particular University in question (and I am not certainly supporting the bonehead(s) who used that foul language). However, I have heard these types of comments come from fans throughout the League while attending away games during the Ivy season. So, please, get off your obnoxious pedestal.

With regards to your point that you would rather have Penn and Princeton play against more "worthy" opponents than the other "sister" schools in the Ivy League, why don't you lobby your respective Board of Trustees to see if there is any interest in joining a new conference (might I recommend the Patriot League or Atlantic 10) so that you can offer scholarships and really become the "Stanford of the East"? I bet your respective teams would become the "creampuffs" in those leagues for many years to come.

I don't buy into the view that many folks have on this site that Penn and Princeton will continue its domination of the league. Better coaching and recruiting (see Yale and Columbia) will start to spread the wealth around the league for the foreseable future.

My recommendation to you: enjoy the fond memories of the Penn/Princeton domination during the 20th century because, my friend, those days are numbered.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.671 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 12:09 PM