H78 
PhD Student
H78
Loc: Los Angeles, CA
Reg: 01-06-11
06-11-13 03:11 AM - Post#149938    
    In response to gokinsmen

I'm pulling for him, too.

The challenge when a "team player" like Hummer is on an NBA Summer League roster is that seemingly all the other guys are playing one-on-one show off ball, so a team player can get lost in the mix. Last summer, I remember seeing Keith Wright set screens for his teammates, to their benefit (and surprise) and I wondered if this was noticed at all by the coaches and scouts. Two years earlier, Lin's passing, defense and some key baskets did catch peoples' eyes, particularly when he was matched up against a marquee player, John Wall.

Hummer definitely has the skill set. I'm hoping he gets into the summer league, then gets matched up against one of the "anointed" (like Lin was against Wall) and then he can show his stuff, and hopefully get a roster spot, even if it means that he plays a fair amount of NBADL games, so he gets enough "cred" to get some playing time on and NBA roster.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.279 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 05:17 AM