Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Ian Hummer's Pro Prospects
gokinsmen 
Postdoc

Reg: 02-06-10
06-11-13 10:51 PM - Post#149975    
    In response to SRP

-- I definitely see Ian as a SF at the next level. Sort of a poor man's Andre Iguodala. Or maybe Kawhi Leonard. Jumpers can develop and we've already seen him make progress over the past two years (though he took fewer 3s this year). I could also see him surprising his defenders by posting up down low.

-- As H78 said, if he makes it to Summer League, it would be ideal to see him matched up against a big name player like Otto Porter or Shabazz Muhammad. I worry about his handles and footspeed, but his strength and leaping ability could open some eyes. Forwards who pass can also grab attention.

-- I think Ibby Jaaber turned down a fringe roster spot on the Lakers a couple years ago for a $1M contract in Europe (where he's a non-star starter/6th man). But he has a lot of younger siblings to take care off. A guy like Ian, fresh out of college, would definitely accept a non-guaranteed six-figure sum to be a 12th-15th man.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.221 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 09:44 PM