Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: All Ivy league and POY predictions
mrjames 
Professor

Loc: Montclair, NJ
Reg: 11-21-04
03-01-14 02:39 PM - Post#165753    
    In response to PeteD

So, I never know what the coaches or their SID proxies are actually judging when they submit their All-Ivy votes. They certainly seem to value offensive performance massively ahead of defensive ability. And even on the offensive end, the counting stats seem to matter more than the efficiency stats. Then, finally, some look at Ivy play only versus the full season.

Thus, I can't predict the actual teams. I will tell you that Wesley Saunders would be a unanimous first teamer in my book. He is the best two-way player in the league. Justin Sears would join him and should win POY. After that, it will likely be players who are great offensive threats, but less capable defensively. Rosenberg, Bray, Chambers, McGonagill, Hicks, etc. all come to mind. There will also be some guys who are above average on both ends (Kuakumensah, Curry and Lo come to mind).

I don't know who will ultimately win the awards, but if I were starting a team tomorrow, I'd take Sears and Saunders before anyone else.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.999 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 02:09 AM