Chip Bayers 
Professor
Chip Bayers
Loc: New York
Reg: 11-21-04
01-19-15 11:02 AM - Post#179926    
    In response to palestra38

• palestra38 Said:
Ochefu had 10 of his 21 points down that stretch, with 2 layups, a dunk and 4 FTs. I didn't see any doubles, but if you tell me there were, they weren't timely enough to put pressure on his dribble at all.

Why change the subject? I gave you the specific plays in sequence in the stretch when the lead went from 1 point to 10 points. That was when the game was decided. None of his scores in that stretch came on isolation plays, and in fact two of the Villanova baskets came on kick outs from Ochefu when Penn brought help defense to do exactly what you insisted they never did. Penn was playing a ton of zone throughout to clog the middle, sometimes helping on Ochefu, sometimes not - the point was to not to play it the same everytime.

What you're remembering was what happened over the final 3:50 AFTER Villanova had pushed the lead to a 9-10 points margin. There were then three distinct Ochefu isolation plays on which he scored 4 FTs and a layup. But since Penn wasn't scoring at the other end those only really mattered for determining the final margin. The game had already been decided.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.271 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 06:41 PM