H78 
PhD Student
H78
Loc: Los Angeles, CA
Reg: 01-06-11
12-07-15 06:39 PM - Post#196873    
    In response to Kjack

• Kjack Said:
I was at the game yesterday and it was intense. Harvard was very strong and had everybody on the edge of their seats. It's tough to beat Kansas at Allen Fieldhouse, their record there since 2007 is 140-3, but Harvard came darn close to making it happen!

Thanks for that note, Kjack. I gather you're a "Rock Chalk Jayhawk" guy, so your kudos carry weight here. With Kansas, now ranked #2, at home, at Allen Fieldhouse, where Naismith's "Original Rules of Basketball" reside (saw that heartful ESPN 30 for 30 special), it appears Harvard put forth a good showing.

The key, for us, seems to be getting behind early, which wasn't so much the problem the past 5 years. And clearly, the team misses Siyani Chambers, with whom the team's record could easily be the opposite of what it is now.

Question: I'd be interested in your point of view (if you were there or saw the game) of the Cornell-Kansas game in January 2010 ? There, Kansas was #1 Ranked, and Cornell actually led at the half, whereas Kansas, which "put together the kind of (late) run No. 1 teams make" to win, shot 37% for the game, 47% from 3. Cornell, normally a good 3 pt. team, was only 35% from 3. The Morris twins were pretty much shut down, as were most Kansas players other than Cole Aldrich (4-8) and Sherron Collins 9-16, 13-14 FT, who really shined.

In fact, anyone who saw that game, any comparisons? That Cornell team made it to the Sweet 16 and was ranked for a few weeks that season.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.22 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 05:02 PM