Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Ivy Next Year
palestra38 
Professor

Reg: 11-21-04
02-28-16 11:15 AM - Post#202942    
    In response to bradley

I looked back at the KenPom preseason ratings---in October, they had Penn at 224...they are 251. Of course, that prediction was with Hicks and Woods. By the time of the Ivy season, with both gone, it's fair to say that Donahue did a great job with what he had. My recollection, however, despite the poor predictions for Penn by the media, most of us thought pretty much anything could happen with the bottom 4. Add the Harvard collapse and Penn gets to 4th without 2 of its best players.

I think the overperformance came from Princeton, which has improved steadily as the season went on and won all the close games--the true sign of a champion (no, in my opinion, it's not luck). Henderson should be the runaway Coach of the Year, barring an unlikely collapse.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.012 seconds.   Total Queries: 5   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 10:22 AM