Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: 2017 Recruit
besnoah 
Masters Student

Reg: 12-14-05
03-13-16 10:00 PM - Post#204379    
    In response to Penndemonium

One '17 I haven't seen mentioned here is Nate Reuvers who visited (unofficially, I think) last August and was offered at that time. Looks like he has seen a recruitment spike. He was offered by Minnesota this week.

2017's class is setting up to be really interesting. As everyone some of us remember, Penn bulk offered 3 NMH kids last year: Kellan Grady, Andrew Platek, and Jerome Desrosiers.

Grady now has a top 4 of Davidson, Butler, Nova, and Northwestern. Platek has offers from Miami, Penn State, Davidson, Rutgers and has rumored interest from Butler, Wisconsin, and UNC (who knows?). Desrosiers has a much more conventional offer list, but it appears Harvard will be at the top of it.

Where does this leave Penn? I have no idea. Part of the appeal of Donahue and his staff was the reopening of the NMH pipeline, but if all of the best kids from that program go elsewhere, can Penn compete for an Ivy title? I'm sure this won't be surprising from me given my predisposition to it, but I am really worried that the recruiting remains stuck in neutral.

This inability to move the needle is particularly disturbing given Yale's recent success on the trail. Penn is now arguably recruiting behind all Ivy schools except Brown and Cornell for the second or third consecutive year. It's hard to return to the top that way.

Edited by besnoah on 03-13-16 10:15 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.417 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 01:38 AM