Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Ivy League Tournament - Official Announcement
CrimsonHoops 
Freshman

Reg: 10-30-10
03-15-16 11:01 AM - Post#204541    
    In response to HARVARDDADGRAD

Given the plethora of very articulate reasons previously stated in other posts, I am surprised that one could imply that there is no evidence that players and recruits prefer or even care about a conference tournament. Yes, I do get the reasons why many traditionalists are against changing from the current format. However, the fact that virtually all of the Ivy men’s and women’s basketball coaches, as well as their ADs, strongly pushed to get their Presidents to vote in favor of this tournament is ample evidence how their players and recruits feel about playing in an Ivy League tournament in March. I have never met a coach or at least one who lasted that was not very cognizant of the preferences of his/her players and their elite recruits. Yes, coaches bring discipline to their players and recruits, but they also tend to be in touch with how their players think and what is important to them. As IHF noted, the Ivy coach first identify their elite recruits by attending all the AAU tournaments and they get to witness how these recruits have a passion for playing in these tournaments.

The enthusiastic endorsements from all the Ivy coaches in support for the new Ivy tournament speaks volumes of evidence how the players and recruits truly feel.

Nuff said.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.008 seconds.   Total Queries: 5   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 02:07 AM