Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: 2017 Recruit
mrjames 
Professor

Loc: Montclair, NJ
Reg: 11-21-04
03-16-16 02:02 PM - Post#204658    
    In response to PennFan10

Yeah, I guess my impression comes from when the commitments have started rolling in both for the league and nationally. Harvard got three of its 2016 recruits by the end of April 2015 and another couple over the summer. It only got its final two of seven during the normal "early" recruiting months of Sept - Nov.

I remember back when getting a junior year commitment would have been unheard of and now it's pretty commonplace.

While I agree that we mostly still see alignment targets with schools over the junior-to-senior summer, such that not being mentioned with most junior prospects isn't a huge concern, if you're interested in being in on the Top 100-150 prospects, that timeframe has shifted forward. At both Rivals and Scout, nearly 20% of the 2017 class is committed, which is crazy.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.185 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 06:48 AM