Username Post: 2017 Recruit
NathanVC 
Freshman

Reg: 03-17-16
03-17-16 01:57 AM - Post#204758    
    In response to PennFan10

• PennFan10 Said:
  • SomeGuy Said:
My guess is that Harvard's philosophy about publicity has changed. I think initially there was a push under Amaker to be very public about who Harvard was pursuing, in an effort to get their name out there associated with higher level recruits.

Now that Harvard is landing those recruits, I think they are more reticent about making it abundantly obvious who they are involved with.

That's just a guess as to why Verbal Commits used to have everyone under the sun for Harvard in past years, and nobody this year (while it has reversed for Yale).

This could be part of the reason but Verbal Commita doesn't just take info from schools, they often get it from the players as well as social media. As Mike says it's not a secret. So if there are things out there on Harvard recruits VC is not picking it up for some reason.

Hello, this is Nathan LeClair from Verbal Commits. The reason we don't have any "offers" on the Harvard page is most likely because we haven't found any links or have been informed directly of any Harvard offers. The team pages are scholarship charts; interest is only expressed on individual profiles. It's possible that these players you listed as having interest have Harvard offers, but we have not been informed of them or they (players and/or staff) don't want it to be public knowledge. There are schools that keep offers on the DL; that could be the way the Harvard staff chooses to go about recruiting.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.25 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 08:44 AM